• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

FlexJet / Flight Options / SkyJet

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Is there something in the Flight Options CBA that states company management can't communicate with the pilot group?

Management (DAC and every party under the umbrella) has always freely communicated to it's pilots. Plenty of examples exist.

Why is there a belief that some restriction exists?

Flex management, well I guess now flex and options management, has told us that they can not directly communicate with the options pilots because the union won't let them, and there is language in the contract that says something to that effect. that's what we are being told.

On the flip side, I could ask why is the options MEC not communicating with the flex pilots? If they want us to join up, and if they are negotiating fences on our behalf, maybe some communication is in order. Not everyone will listen, but still. Might help with the rumors going back and forth

Last edited:
Communications with the Union

Flex management, well I guess now flex and options management, has told us that they can not directly communicate with the options pilots because the union won't let them, and there is language in the contract that says something to that effect. that's what we are being told.

On the flip side, I could ask why is the options MEC not communicating with the flex pilots? If they want us to join up, and if they are negotiating fences on our behalf, maybe some communication is in order. Not everyone will listen, but still. Might help with the rumors going back and forth

Management has communicated directly with the Flight Options pilots. As to the statement that "the union won't let them," where is the factual evidence? Where is this communication and/or requirement from the union requiring this prohibition that management has agreed to? If an individual can find such prohibitive language in the Flight Options CBA, please point it out.

The union should be communicating more vigorously with the Flexjet Pilots group. And the Flexjet pilots should be actively pursuing those communications directly with the union. Why not contact the teamsters local that represents the Flight Options pilots and ask them?

There was no need to include the entire email body, but here is the header and signature directly from an email that came to the entire flops pilot group from our leader.

Communication From Kenn Ricci, Chairman

Joe SalataReplyReply AllForwardActions
To:
All_PIC‎; All_SIC

Please read the following communication from Kenn Ricci, Chairman:

TO: All Active and Furloughed Flight Options Pilots
COMPANY MOST PRIVATE

I am writing to inform you

Kenn Ricci
Chairman

I think that communication is from something that was already posted on here 7 months ago when they wanted to inform us that they were looking to get an LOA from the union in regards to Citation Air pilots that the union represents. I don't know why they needed to tell the whole pilot group about something that was supposed to be "most private" with the negations to buy Citation Air. I think it was less than a day before I read it on here. I would have thought that they would have just gone to the union in private. Because they have a confidentiality agreement they would not be aloud to discuss a sensitive issue like all of the Citation Air pilots loosing their jobs. But I guess the only reason to bring all us pilots in on that deal was to make the union the fall guy for a deal I hear that they truly didn't want to go through with anyhow.

V1 Spare us all the drama. No one here is being intimidated.[/QUOTE said:
V1
One of my buds at Flex told me the other day that two Flex pilots were called on the carpet at HQ for posting pro-union stuff on FI. Sounds like intimidation to me.
Club ORD
Maybe this is why we haven't seen many pro-union posts from Flex pilots on here in a while? The words out and everyones scared.

V1
One of my buds at Flex told me the other day that two Flex pilots were called on the carpet at HQ for posting pro-union stuff on FI. Sounds like intimidation to me.
Club ORD
Maybe this is why we haven't seen many pro-union posts from Flex pilots on here in a while? The words out and everyones scared.

Totally untrue. Not sure where you get you info but I would get a more reliable source.

What you are talking about is illegal. A company cannot prevent a workforce from unionizing. Any attemp to is a violation of the RLA.

The reason you don't see FJ pilots on here promoting the union is, suprise, we don't want your union. You guys keep holding out hope that this large group of FJ pilots that are in support of the 1108 are going to raise up.

Wake up to the reality, there may be a few (less than 5) FJ pilots that may be swayed to your awesome union. The rest of us want nothing to do with it.

If/when it comes to a vote you will see this.

You guys are kinda like the door to door salesmen for the 1108. Sorry, we aren't interested. We already have a superior product (no union). Thank you for your time.

Good day

Last edited:
TWA 2 ASA FO:
You should not speak for all FJ pilots. There has never been a poll for or against support. Your estimate of less than 5 is just an arbitrary guess.

If I could guess how many would consider a union at this time, it would be about 30%.

What have you been told by the Flex jet negotiators as to how the list intergration and fence negotiations have been going? Have they been taking your suggestions into consideration?
Were the Flex pilots polled as to how they want it organized or were just a few Flex pilot representatives involved in your proposal?

We just received some info that the company is preparing a counter proposal to be discussed at the May 8th meeting.

TWA 2 ASA FO:
You should not speak for all FJ pilots. There has never been a poll for or against support. Your estimate of less than 5 is just an arbitrary guess.

If I could guess how many would consider a union at this time, it would be about 30%.

That would be 100 pilots. There is no way.

Sorry

And no, I don't speak for the FJ pilots, just myself.

That would be 100 pilots. There is no way.

Sorry

And no, I don't speak for the FJ pilots, just myself.

My opinion is that there would be at least that many, 30%, that would CONSIDER the union option.

I think some FJ crews that post opinions that there is a universal opposition to the consideration of a union have absolutely no clue how the group is leaning and have no way to poll the entire seniority list.

Someday, depending on the option that is taken by IBT, FJ crews may be forced to decide.

Latest resources

Back