• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

W2's

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Some of the most bitter and generally unhappy pilots I've ever met are wide body captains making over 250/ year and work 10 days a month....!

Perhaps they are afraid the "Good Deal Redistribution Fairy" will overhear any expressions of happiness, and take appropriate action. :p

My W2 says I had a job the whole year and its looks good that I will have one next year.

All the other numbers are just that, numbers.

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to all my brothers and sisters who love to fly putting up with a messed up industry.

Perhaps they are afraid the "Good Deal Redistribution Fairy" will overhear any expressions of happiness, and take appropriate action. :p

There's actually some truth to that.
Besides, time value of money is something pilots are awful at- I'll have to make six figures for a good while long to catch up to those who starting teaching grade school at 23

No reason to be bitter- ever- this industry isn't taking my soul! But, I do NOT apologize for what we make.
And if more would do the math in total instead of singling out individual years more people would understand

Time away from base I think is where we should measure this from ... How many hours were you away from base.. The lowest with the highest pay is prob the best measure of how hard a pilot works vs pay !?!! ?? Some guys dose for dollars and make a bunch but still are working .. At least away from home ..

Some of the most bitter and generally unhappy pilots I've ever met are wide body captains making over 250/ year and work 10 days a month....!
You just have to read some of the usual posts here, people spending a lot of time trying to convince everyone that their airline is so great...! That they are enjoying their careers so much, everything from the layovers to what they feed them during the flight....., at the end is nothing but another performance of the sad clown!

I remember a story of an AA pilot riding on the jumpseat of a UAL pilot back in the 90's, when they were both at the top of the industry payscale ( an 737 F/O made what a SWA Capt made at the time and with a much better retirement). These guys were comparing notes and if one had something the other didn't they thought they were being raped. They were both genuinely stressed out over it.
Sometimes we are own worst enemy.

ah, the annual 'comparative measuring of our respective penii' thread. strong works, folks.

stay classy, FI.com!

Finding out the true number of what a different pilots make can be the foundation of a path taken.

It's a valid thread until the insecure ones...complain about 'dick measuring'.

Plenty of low paid guys come on here (I've been there), and tell it how it is...which is humbling

You know the thread title...so move on.

Bring on the W2s

fv

Latest resources

Back