• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWA training rumor?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Sure you have instructors, how long would it take them to spin them up to SWA standards, a week? .

I know a few Airtran instructors that would rather fly dog $!ht out of Hong Kong than take a position with SWA. I'm talking about actual dog $!ht, not the rubber kind.

Last edited:
I know a few Airtran instructors that would rather fly dog $!ht out of Hong Kong than take a position with SWA. I'm talking about actual dog $!ht, not the rubber kind.

You and anyone else that feels that way about your current and future employer should definitely do that then.

They, like everyone have a choice about what offers of employment they accept. I'm still surprised that you are still coming to work at the big SWA considering your moral outrage concerning the type rating requirement.

Your keyboard outrage is quite pathetic, if so morally outraged, you must leave.

Careful what they wish for, oh wait, AT pilots learned what happens when you say "no" to SWA, maybe the simulator instructors will, in the words of the arbitrator "not bet so poorly"..

I'm still surprised that you are still coming to work at the big SWA considering your moral outrage concerning the type rating requirement.

Being that I'm one of the "acquired, not hired", I have in no way contributed to that practice. Therefore my moral conscience is clear and my options are open.

Your keyboard outrage is quite pathetic, if so morally outraged, you must leave.

Careful what they wish for, oh wait, AT pilots learned what happens when you say "no" to SWA, maybe the simulator instructors will, in the words of the arbitrator "not bet so poorly"..

And....there....you have it. Someone who understands what happened, and then brags about it! Wow......

Bye Bye----General Lee

Being that I'm one of the "acquired, not hired", I have in no way contributed to that practice. Therefore my moral conscience is clear and my options are open.

You really do have options. One may involve a temporary pay cut, but one that would be short lived due to retirements, and could get you away from that bunk. Good luck.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Facts are facts GL, maybe the simulator folks will have more clarity of thought than the MEC.

Facts are facts? The MEC thought they had a process agreement that allowed arbitration if needed, as signed by the boss. Do you always take the first deal? Sounds like loyalty may not be uniform at your place...

Bye Bye---General Lee

Latest resources

Back