• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Pinnacle Files for Bankruptcy

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

After reading LOA 21, I could argue Bloch followed it. Remeber the last sentence...it says that the Mesaba pilots would do no worse than 2:1

And since you want to play games. Being a Mesaba Pilot, I did no worse.

After reading LOA 21, I could argue Bloch followed it. Remeber the last sentence...it says that the Mesaba pilots would do no worse than 2:1

And since you want to play games. Being a Mesaba Pilot, I did no worse.

Not all of us were so lucky as you Simon.

This thread smells of success.

Furloughs will be a while off guys. Long while in airline time. Relax, update the logbooks, put out the resume's, it'll all work out. This won't be your last furlough.

This thread smells of success.

Furloughs will be a while off guys. Long while in airline time. Relax, update the logbooks, put out the resume's, it'll all work out. This won't be your last furlough.

I respectfully disagree.
With the first reductions slated to start in May, the voluntary furlough requests need to start going out fairly soon.

Now if 20 pilots a day start resigning yes it may be a while but I don't see that happening until the term sheets hit the unions but that should start happening anytime too.

I hope you're right though

I respectfully disagree.
With the first reductions slated to start in May, the voluntary furlough requests need to start going out fairly soon.

Now if 20 pilots a day start resigning yes it may be a while but I don't see that happening until the term sheets hit the unions but that should start happening anytime too.

I hope you're right though

Well, maybe I'm just trying to stay positive. If my experience is correct we are well above the 20 pilot per month leaving this last 3 weeks, continuing on for the next 6 weeks.

Nothing moves quickly in aviation. We'll find out soon either way.

Think mine was closer to 6 to 1

yeah me too man. I am planning on a FO position, hopefully in MSP. What do I want to happen?

In this order....(of course winning the mega millions is the real number 1

1. Leave Pinnacle for a mainline carrier (American/United or Alaska)
2. Leave Pinnacle for a National Carrier (But since they have all hired in the last year and are hiring FO's who have less PIC and experience than me right now-I think they are hiring people with a lot of Recommendations or just don't want pilots with 1000PIC/4 year degree who will leave to a major in a year
3. Get screwed by Anderson in this bankruptcy, then have Anderson do a Delta version of the last bankruptcy. What is that you ask? Make a deal with their pilots for some relief on scope or create a "B" scale for Delta (why else would management at Delta want to negotiate with pilots so early?) All Delta would have to do is swoop in and buy Pinnacle and simultaneously transfer all the plans to the Delta certificate or create a new one and "flow" all the pilots into that new certificate as Delta pilots. Then parking 200's and swapping in 100 seaters. Effectively all the flowed pilots would be year 1 at Delta under a "B" scale and I am sure Delta Pilots would agree to a seat lock provision for all those flowed pilots. You would have the choice to flow or lose your job. Delta would now have staffing for all their 100 seaters and the cheapest rates possible. Current 900 pilots would be forced to a huge pay cut at year 1 rates and all the while Delta pilots would think they were doing us a favor by getting us Delta seniority numbers.

Far fetched? Think about the last bankruptcy. Anderson was able to get NWA pilots to agree to the creation of Compass for the 175's, get mesaba's labor costs down, and pay pennies for Mesaba.

yeah me too man. I am planning on a FO position, hopefully in MSP. What do I want to happen?

In this order....(of course winning the mega millions is the real number 1

1. Leave Pinnacle for a mainline carrier (American/United or Alaska)
2. Leave Pinnacle for a National Carrier (But since they have all hired in the last year and are hiring FO's who have less PIC and experience than me right now-I think they are hiring people with a lot of Recommendations or just don't want pilots with 1000PIC/4 year degree who will leave to a major in a year
3. Get screwed by Anderson in this bankruptcy, then have Anderson do a Delta version of the last bankruptcy. What is that you ask? Make a deal with their pilots for some relief on scope or create a "B" scale for Delta (why else would management at Delta want to negotiate with pilots so early?) All Delta would have to do is swoop in and buy Pinnacle and simultaneously transfer all the plans to the Delta certificate or create a new one and "flow" all the pilots into that new certificate as Delta pilots. Then parking 200's and swapping in 100 seaters. Effectively all the flowed pilots would be year 1 at Delta under a "B" scale and I am sure Delta Pilots would agree to a seat lock provision for all those flowed pilots. You would have the choice to flow or lose your job. Delta would now have staffing for all their 100 seaters and the cheapest rates possible. Current 900 pilots would be forced to a huge pay cut at year 1 rates and all the while Delta pilots would think they were doing us a favor by getting us Delta seniority numbers.

Far fetched? Think about the last bankruptcy. Anderson was able to get NWA pilots to agree to the creation of Compass for the 175's, get mesaba's labor costs down, and pay pennies for Mesaba.

Hey if you plan on daydreaming at least do it with some facts. Richard Anderson wasn't at NWA they went bankrupt , he was working at United Healthcare.

Latest resources

Back