• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

XJT MEC declares war on ASA pilots.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Pairing generator, well, it generates pairings.

The PBS takes the pairings and awards the lines.

The two are independent of each other. For December, IIRC, the XJT pairing generator was used for the first time. Which had various solutions run, to include more productive pairings than previous. As well as higher day oof lines than before. Just ask JoeMerchant and 777forever, they'll tell you "Thanks for your pairing generator XJT".

Prior to that, the ASA pairing generator was used. Yet it was STILL the PBS system that awarded the lines.

You have to remember, the reason PBS is liked so much is because the ASA line bid system sucked. It WASN'T XJT's line bid system they're NOT the same thing. The ignorant/uneducated seem to think so, not the case.

I'm getting blue in the face here, ASA PBS for XJT pilots = concession = suck. That's just a fact, can't spin it.

I'm sorry you're getting blue in the face but there is something very valuable you're not considering here. This I no longer a comparison between flightline and your line bidding system. Your MEC is now trying to develop rules for PBS as a primary bidding system. So NOW this becomes a comparison between flightline and Smartpref.

Asa is not trying to spin THAT. I just want to make sure my MEC and all the pilots from both airlines don't trade in a great PBS system for one that doesn't work as well.

So, exactly how is XJT's union leadership exploring a new PBS system "declaring war on ASA pilots" again?

Not true. I haven't been here for 7 years and I held 3 on 4 of trips with weekends off commutable for about 2 years before I upgraded. They are gone now because of pbs but under line bidding I got them every month. The line might have only credited 60-70 hours but that wasn't my problem now it is because you can't complete a line that low. Not everyone wants 90 hours a month.

Thats incorrect!! I have been here eight years and I held three on four off until Scott Hall came along and decided that three days weren't efficient. Don't revise history because you are to ignorant to use PBS effectively. I love PBS and I'm middle of the pack in IAD. If you're junior it sucks!! Doesn't matter if its PBS, line bidding, or a gang bang, you get the left overs.

pbs will just construct pairings around any rigs, not worth the time to get them.

Of course it does, that's the point.

In a perfect world the rigs would never kick in, because the pairings have been built efficiently. All you're doing by negotiating any sort of rig is giving the company a financial penalty if they can't build efficient schedules.

Your MEC is now trying to develop rules for PBS as a primary bidding system. So NOW this becomes a comparison between flightline and Smartpref.

You say you're just line pilot. Do you have ACTUAL first hand proof that that is what's going on? Do you know for a FACT that it goes beyond just the research that the XJT PBS research committee did? Or is it justs "I heard from a guy that's in the know" that you're basing all this on? Did you talk to somebody that breached the confidentiality agreement and caused all this crap that the OP started in the FIRST place?

Asa is not trying to spin THAT. I just want to make sure my MEC and all the pilots from both airlines don't trade in a great PBS system for one that doesn't work as well.

Fair enough. ASA may not be trying to spin it. But there doesn't seem to be a shortage of guys that are buying into something, like, oh, I don't know, maybe JoeMerchant says? As well as all the ignorants that take his word as factual.

You say you're just line pilot. Do you have ACTUAL first hand proof that that is what's going on? Do you know for a FACT that it goes beyond just the research that the XJT PBS research committee did? Or is it justs "I heard from a guy that's in the know" that you're basing all this on? Did you talk to somebody that breached the confidentiality agreement and caused all this crap that the OP started in the FIRST place?

Fair enough. ASA may not be trying to spin it. But there doesn't seem to be a shortage of guys that are buying into something, like, oh, I don't know, maybe JoeMerchant says? As well as all the ignorants that take his word as factual.

I do KNOW the info I've been given to be factual. Not going to "out" the multiple names. Don't need to. MckPickle is free to come one anytime and say it's not true. But he won't because it is true. Again, I do know as fact the Xjt resoluution regarding smartpref is true.

Hey JoeMerchant and and select ASA pilots, you guys need to get on board. Globalization? Of course we want globalization! You guys need to play the game and help us maintain cost competitiveness. Once you realize that we don't have brand scope, we must all concede in order to succeed!

Hey JoeMerchant and and select ASA pilots, you guys need to get on board. Globalization? Of course we want globalization! You guys need to play the game and help us maintain cost competitiveness. Once you realize that we don't have brand scope, we must all concede in order to succeed!

What EXACTLY is it you wish to accomplish here? What do you think is fair to negotiate? I'm curious how you think this business model works, and what your expectations are if we break the company and this business model.... Please elaborate.

Last edited:
What EXACTLY is it you wish to accomplish here? What do you think is fair to negotiate? I'm curious how you think this business model works, and what your expectations are if we break the company and this business model.... Please elaborate.

Either you don't know what sarcasm is, don't read JM's postings here or elsewhere, or are just plain "clueless". As your original/pre-edit post said that Nevets was.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back