• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Need some Virgin America Info...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Nah, you're just so invested in the fact that you can't get hired at a decent airline, you can't stand it.

So which convoluted logic is that? Or were you avoiding my questions as always? Do you need to be represented by a union to be "approved", or do you need to be the highest paid? Which is it fubi, you can't have it both ways.

Ok, I'll bite. Which lies are talking about? Of course you have researched them or are you just taking CNN and MSNBC's word for it?

Okay, at the risk of sounding like I actually agree with Fubi, it was not CNN or MSNBC, but the political scientists and researchers at Fairleigh Dickinson University in New Jersy that did actually research it. Their conclusion was that watching Fox News actually does make you less informed than even not watching any news at all.

You can read the study and press releases here:
http://publicmind.fdu.edu/2011/knowless/

Before you start arguing with me about it, keep in mind I am just the messenger. The conclusion was reached by the professional researchers and PhD's at the university. If you have a beef, take it up with them.

Not even close Sir Dick-head.

Strobzz, WAY OUT OF LINE!! I can only hope that should that happen to anyone of us, at any airline, that we will be as courageous as those men. I can't even wish that on Fubi. You really need to apologize for that remark.

hyflyin,
My deepest apology,my comment was not in anyway towards that crew.I looked at Fubis comment of VA winding up in a pile of dust, as the ultimate sacrifice.My remark is in regards that it seems he believes that money is all that counts,and it doesn`t matter who you step on or who gets hurt.

Nah, you're just so invested in the fact that you can't get hired at a decent airline, you can't stand it.

fubi,

Delta isn't hiring for 2012. UniCal isn't hiring and still have 1,500 pilots on furlough. US Air, not hiring, and pay even lower than Virgin. Hawaiian no way unless you live in Hawaii. Southwest/Airtran not hiring. JetBlue not hiring. Spirit hiring a little trickle, but no luck. UPS has pilots on furlough. Fedex done hiring, window closed. So, stay at a regional about to take concessions and/or bankruptcy, or jump to VA if given a chance? I'll take the latter. And at this point, I'm sick of ALPA and what its done to this industry since 9/11. Or pretending that it can still represent two interests (regionals and majors) without any conflict. BS! I actually long to go to JetBlue, Allegiant, or Virgin America just as my way of giving ALPA the finger.

American news media outlets get it right if their opinion is similar to your own. That's why you watch. You want to listen to media whose tone and content reflect your value centric ideals. If you want the truth, just the facts and no agenda watch or listen to the BBC.

That being said back to the original topic. Virgin America sucks. You idiots are dragging the industry down with your pathetic pay scales. Jetblue was the same way but it managed to crawl out of the pay cellar. Jetblue sucks. Jetblue idiots with these PEA's are dragging down the industry because we have no scope, no merger protection, no legal funds, pathetic STD/LTD and retirement.

Also, for all you idiots bitching about ALPA get involved. The entire ALPA organization, top to bottom, has been turned over. The mentality and standard or representation is completely different. The ideal that if one pilot group negotiates a benefit every airline must have the same is gone. You are supported in negotiating what is best for your carrier and your pilot group.
Lastly, if you are a regional pilot...shut up. You should never have gotten that job with 250 hours and you aren't worth mainline pay and benefits. A regional is the equivalent of working at Subway. A mainline carrier is like being an executive chef at a high end restaurant. Your pay and worth are different. ALPA was at fault for not managing your expectations. As a third party contractor you should not be making $150K as a regional captain. Get over it. You don't dictate terms as a regional carrier. Can a subway "sandwich artist" negotiate a $50K per year salary?
Back to my meds.

Also, for all you idiots bitching about ALPA get involved. The entire ALPA organization, top to bottom, has been turned over. The mentality and standard or representation is completely different. The ideal that if one pilot group negotiates a benefit every airline must have the same is gone. You are supported in negotiating what is best for your carrier and your pilot group.
Lastly, if you are a regional pilot...shut up. You should never have gotten that job with 250 hours and you aren't worth mainline pay and benefits. A regional is the equivalent of working at Subway. A mainline carrier is like being an executive chef at a high end restaurant. Your pay and worth are different. ALPA was at fault for not managing your expectations. As a third party contractor you should not be making $150K as a regional captain. Get over it. You don't dictate terms as a regional carrier. Can a subway "sandwich artist" negotiate a $50K per year salary?
Back to my meds.

What a tool!

American news media outlets get it right if their opinion is similar to your own. That's why you watch. You want to listen to media whose tone and content reflect your value centric ideals. If you want the truth, just the facts and no agenda watch or listen to the BBC.

That being said back to the original topic. Virgin America sucks. You idiots are dragging the industry down with your pathetic pay scales. Jetblue was the same way but it managed to crawl out of the pay cellar. Jetblue sucks. Jetblue idiots with these PEA's are dragging down the industry because we have no scope, no merger protection, no legal funds, pathetic STD/LTD and retirement.

First I don't work for Virgin, but explain to me how their pay is dragging the industry down when it is better then Usairways and on par with United. Maybe I'm missing something.

Latest resources

Back