• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Usapa lost!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Eh, that's just speculation. We have no way of knowing how they would have reacted. They had good legal counsel, so they might have been steered clear of playing the USAPA-like games.

They would have steered clear of usapa like games I have no doubt. Only it wouldn't necessarily follow that it would be out of benevolence. I think 'steering clear of usapa-like games' just would mean 'doing it right.'

Wave,

You do realize that SWAPA had no intention of honoring an Arbitrated list that they didn't like.

I actually think that's a fair comment. Guys were voicing that option.
Here's the difference: we would have been standing on the best pay and contract in the industry- not holding out while on the worst-
Notice I wasn't digging on their character and the morality of the situation- that's just more emotion and I have no doubt that east pilots truly believe in their hearts that they stand on "right" ground- my argument is that it's dumb bc of their terrible BK contract and the fact that so much time has passed that even Virgin pays more and it's truly giving a competitive advantage to USAIR based on pilot pay.
See the difference?

Last edited:
Eh, that's just speculation. We have no way of knowing how they would have reacted. They had good legal counsel, so they might have been steered clear of playing the USAPA-like games.

Why do you construe USAPA's actions as "games?"

Is going to court a game to you? Isn't that what should happen in a civilized society -- that disagreements are heard in court and not in the streets?

Of course SWAPA would not honor any agreement -- nor would the company. In fact, wasn't that the subject of that little "come to Jesus" meeting with management -- either give up your collective rights and sign or we'll take the less than honorable route, find away around McCaskill-Bond, and screw Air Tran out of existence?

That's somehow more honorable to guys like Wave because more money would be paid to his pilot group during any stalemate and it benefits him personally? I get it...

The more I read your posts, the more I realize what a cancer you where to the AT pilots. You never cease to amaze me.

Naw - comment not needed. The usual AWA scumbags flapping their big mouths are doing a fine job.

Bottom line is still the same, it will be years before a joint contract is possible.

Last edited:
Naw - comment not needed. The usual AWA scumbags flapping their big mouths are doing a fine job.

Bottom line is still the same, it will be years before a joint contract is possible.

I hear you brother. The westicles are such greedy bastages. They jump up and down and selebrate loa93 loss. Which really isn't a loss we have the executive session to go. We will get the 3% raises coming to us.

Why do you construe USAPA's actions as "games?"

Is going to court a game to you? Isn't that what should happen in a civilized society -- that disagreements are heard in court and not in the streets?

Of course SWAPA would not honor any agreement -- nor would the company. In fact, wasn't that the subject of that little "come to Jesus" meeting with management -- either give up your collective rights and sign or we'll take the less than honorable route, find away around McCaskill-Bond, and screw Air Tran out of existence?

That's somehow more honorable to guys like Wave because more money would be paid to his pilot group during any stalemate and it benefits him personally? I get it...

The US Airways pilots agreed to a legal process to determine their joint seniority list. The process is complete and their new seniority list is finished. Everything they do avoid the list is gamesmanship, hence his proper use of the word "games".

I hear you brother. The westicles are such greedy bastages. They jump up and down and selebrate loa93 loss. Which really isn't a loss we have the executive session to go. We will get the 3% raises coming to us.

And eventually you will get the list imposed upon you as well.

Not flaming ,but would like to know. What is the longest that this seniority list resolution could drag out?

Latest resources

Back