• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWA yes vote:

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Mark my word. If you push this too far it will end before it goes to an arbitrator and we will all be at a loss. This airline has teeth. Don"t let ALPA, who knows you are gone the second an agreement is reached convince you otherwise.

Just wanted to "Mark your word" and ask for more info. This is the first I've heard of this threat. Please quote from the applicable documents in writing as to how this may occur. Thanks in advance.

It's raining cold hard facts up in here..

Luv,

You can stick your head in the sand, or open your eyes..your choice. No threats, just the way it is.

It's raining cold hard facts up in here..

Luv,

You can stick your head in the sand, or open your eyes..your choice. No threats, just the way it is.

Come on, some of you guys appear to be throwing poo at the wall and seeing what sticks. So far, none of it is, and it keeps getting more outrageous. How can this fit into the process agreement?

The process agreement is not an integration mandate.

So I'm sitting here thinking what would it take to get a yes vote from a SWA pilot. So I pretend I am one. Lets say they hand me a list and I move down 1 number. I would vote no.

Why vote yes? Nothing changes in my world. So it goes to arbitration... Now I move down say 10 numbers. I would file lawsuits and pull a USAir. Nothing changes in my world.

I would then hope that someone gets fed up with the situation and just makes Airtran go away. If not, eventually we merge ten years down the road and I move down a couple numbers.

In this short thought exercise I discovered that you couldn't possibly get my yes vote... Let alone 50%. So with that in mind how does it end?

Gotta agree. If I were a SWA pilot I wouldn't accept anything less than a staple. I wouldn't vote for anything else or accept moving down one single number and wouldn't accept even one trannie senior to me. I would also gladly push this thing out for years and years. Sorry but that's the truth.

Trannies need to take a staple and get on the list. Gonna be ugly for them otherwise.

The process agreement is not an integration mandate.

You are correct, it is not an integration mandate, but it does mandate the steps to a possible integration and negotiation, mediation, and arbitration are steps set out and agreed to by all parties. I don't think any party can just back out of the process until it has run it's course.

You are correct, it is not an integration mandate, but it does mandate the steps to a possible integration and negotiation, mediation, and arbitration are steps set out and agreed to by all parties..

Possible is the key word.

Latest resources

Back