• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWA/Airtran Process Agreement??

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Don't worry, Ty and his lawyer will know your name too once FI gets subpoenaed for the lawsuit for a hostile working environment. Don't think it can't happen?, ask your favorite moderator to fill you in......

Um, do people really take this website seriously? This place is a joke and only mildly entertaining. But a total joke.

Don't worry, Ty and his lawyer will know your name too once FI gets subpoenaed for the lawsuit for a hostile working environment. Don't think it can't happen?, ask your favorite moderator to fill you in......

Please. Hostile work environment. He doesn't even work for SWA yet. And besides, what can any pilot do to make a hostile work environment, not talk to him? I am surprised that you would make such a statement. You seemed to be making more intelligent statements lately.

Please. Hostile work environment. He doesn't even work for SWA yet. And besides, what can any pilot do to make a hostile work environment, not talk to him? I am surprised that you would make such a statement. You seemed to be making more intelligent statements lately.

There has been a series of overt threats towards Ty Webb. Comments like, "we know who you are", "you will have trouble here", "they know who you are in the training department", could all be considered hostile. I know most of this is petty posturing but if for some reason he has issues, then it could come back to haunt you. Again, ask Lear70 if his posts have come back to bite him.

There has been a series of overt threats towards Ty Webb. Comments like, "we know who you are", "you will have trouble here", "they know who you are in the training department", could all be considered hostile. I know most of this is petty posturing but if for some reason he has issues, then it could come back to haunt you. Again, ask Lear70 if his posts have come back to bite him.

I must have missed these posts... could you please post them. You must be talking about the tranny training department, thats not how we roll.

I think Ty brings this on himself. He sure is not trying to avoid it. If this is getting to him then he probably has other issues. Most of the people on this site do not even work for either airline. Some are students in high school or college. Anybody that argues with someone on here and gets upset would feel like a real jerk if they knew who the person was. Maybe he should get a new name and start over.

Incorrect information. Whoever is telling you this isn't familiar with the RLA and hasnt vetted this idea through an RLA attorney.

Our CBA remains in effect until it is modified through Sec 6 negotiations OR through side letter which must pass member ratification through AAI ALPA.

The process agreement allows for new pay rates to be negotiated by both SWAPA AND ALPA (both must agree) and only AFTER an SLI is agreed upon AND implemented and ONLY if an agreement is reached through negotiations outside of arbitration (5.g)

If it goes to arbitration then when the final award is implemented, everyone falls under the SWAPA CBA (5.g).

There is no mechanism to alter pay rates in any other manner. Just what's written in black and white. No pay freezes, our pay increases in our CBA continue as-scheduled unless agreed to by ALPA and MemRat or by comin under the SWAPA CBA.

If it goes to arbitration,

Lear, please allow me to quote you: "Incorrect information."

While there may be an implementation schedule negotiated between SWAPA and ALPA, that will simply the process to determine when y'all will work under the SWAPA CBA. It's our contract. We negotiate the rates of pay for each aircraft SWAPA pilots will or might operate. There is no trigger to re-open this for y'all to secure any particular pay rate. Current SWAPA pilots will negotiate with SWA to determine the pay rate for the 717. Period.

Flightinfo is not a work requirement, advisory at best. This isn't the crew room, this isn't an overnight hotel, this isn't a van ride, this isn't a classroom. However, if moderators have admin privileges on membership data for this site, that may be uncomfortable for some people. It is a caution to all of us to just keep our heads when we post.

I think Ty brings this on himself. He sure is not trying to avoid it..

Because I have a different opinion and can articulate it, I "bring it on myself", and that justifies publishing my name and making threats against me in an anonymous and cowardly manner. . . is that what you're saying?

Last edited:
The TA hardly popped up out of nowhere. Almost all of the agreement was done months before the merger announcement. Only compensation, insurance, and signing bonus remained when the merger was announced.

Ty's analysis is spot-on. This contract never would have even gone to a pilot vote if this merger didn't spring up. The pay rates just weren't up to par, nor were the signing bonus or the insurance premiums. But with the merger announcement, our leverage disappeared. The NMB wasn't going to release a pilot group into self-help with a merger pending. With the loss of leverage, the pilot group had to settle for the gains that could be achieved without the threat of self-help.

You guys really don't know what you're talking about. Ty is about the most easy going guy you'll find. Hopefully most SWA pilots know not to listen to what people say on the Pprune.

Really PCL? Does the following update from your NC look familiar? This was part of your Sept 25, 2010, eWeekly. It was sent out PRIOR TO the announcement of the acquisition. It sure sounds like more than compensation, insurance and bonus. The open items in your negotiation were LITERALLY EVERYTHING that cost money.

The session began with discussions on Section 12 – Insurance and Section 4 – Compensation. Miscellaneous economic issues, including training pay, international override, per diem, and home studies, among others, were resolved. But in response to our compensation proposal made one month ago during our negotiating session in PIE, the company offered only minor increases in later years of the contract. There was no meaningful change in pay rates in the early years of the contract from management’s prior proposal. In response to the NMB’s request, your NC made another compensation proposal later that same day. Our response also included only minor movement from our last proposal in the later years of the contract.

As a result, after two and one-half days of meetings, we were not able to bridge the substantial economic divide that remains. At this point in negotiations, the open issues list has been narrowed to hourly pay rate tables, signing bonus, duty period guarantee, duty rig, minimum monthly guarantee, company contribution to our retirement and primarily the economic elements in the insurance section.

It's funny...a buddy of mine at AT used to send me stuff like this from ALPA because he would get so pissed of at the whole situation. For some reason though, he doesn't send me anything anymore. Oh well.

Last edited:
To all AT pilots on this board: just remember that the SWA pilots are not the ones giving you your future higher pay rates, management is. The SWA pilots aren't losing a dime here. You don't owe them anything, even if they think they worked hard for their contract, after they piggybacked off of the Delta and United contracts before them. After you get your higher pay, go for arbitration, and get a fair ruling on your SLI by neutrals. Good luck.

OYS

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back