QOL at Redwood

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Could someone please help Bill find his "Big girl panties", please

I can't believe we're still having discussions about uniforms, really?!

They are running out of other stuff to knock us for. It is hard to bash an airline that sweeps every possible travel award, has a two and a half year upgrade, and realistic plans for growth. The schedules are great. Management is responsive. Coworkers are happy to be there.

I personally like the uniform. I wore a white shirt and blue pants for nine years. Hopefully we never go back.

I hate to interrupt the love fest but I have a couple questions for any actual VA pilots...

I recently applied with about 4400TT, 2000 Turbine Pic. I know I am below the published minimum of 5000hrs but has anyone ever interviewed or been hired with less than the minimum?

I have pretty low expectations because I live a sheltered life as a corporate pilot and thus dont have any connections at VA or anywhere else for that matter, and with my low total time I am not holding my breath.... Thanks for the input

I'm happy at VA. It cracks me up to see the hate for us on this board. Could it be better? What job couldn't be better? So now lets hear from those that hate us so much that you have to bash our uniform or the fact we are not a "major" (yet). Go ahead and comment about my pay, commute, aircraft or whatever. You see, I don't care what you think. Please refer to the first sentence of this post, that's what is important to me. To the bashers: I'm sorry you have not found the same.

Google is giving every Redwood employee free laptops for Christmas. Has that ever happened at Southwest or United? We may not be loved in this forum, but does that really matter? Twice last week, while in uniform, I was stopped by strangers. "OMG, you're a Virgin America employee! You guys are the best! I fly you every time I can!"

Sweet a free laptop to jack off with when you fantasize over how you are screwing the industry working for scraps........

Sweet a free laptop to jack off with when you fantasize over how you are screwing the industry working for scraps........

Well sir, we hired quite a lot of Aloha, ATA, & Abex guys when they shut down. How many did your outfit hire? Put down your ALPA magazine and see how the hiring is these days. I have a 25 year pin and some of us here have battle stars. We aren't going to starve our families just to make you feel better, and we aren't crossing any picket lines, so kiss it.

Foodstamps: 5K is a hard limit for now. May change down the road, but not in the short term. We mostly hire guys with 121 experience as well. Sorry, but that's the truth. I have a GV type and doubt I could ever use it as I have no corporate experience so I know how you feel...

I'd like to show USAIR east payscales as exhibit A - fix your own issues and let it sink in that we live in a capitalist society...

Latest resources

Back