• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Will SWA and AT truly merge?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
And in your contract does it state that if sold AT can not be operated separately? I will bet that SWA does not care much about your contract.

Yes, it is.

So you are certain that SWA wants those options. And you think you are smarter than me?

I know I'm smarter than you, Chief.

1) You're the one trolling in a thread that supposedly doesn't affect you;

and

2) You stole my avatar from a few years ago. . . . How original of you (but it looks good on you, though :erm:).

;):laugh::D

I am only trolling to you because you do not like what I say.

You know you are smarter than me. How freakin silly is that statement. How old are you again?

Who did you steal this avatar from? Still the piece of work I remember.

You are making my points about denying the reality of the situation. Keep it up.

SWAPA's contract could force the merger. AI's wont. You are being PURCHASED. A labor contract can not force a aquiring company to merge them with another company they own. You could be operated as a wholly owned subsidiary till the cows come home. As long as SWA operates you as Airtran your still Airtran. Unless SWAPA enacts it 24 month maximum fence clause of course.

We are all cogs in a wheel gentlemen....cogs in a wheel!

All this gets us is higher blood pressure. Welcome Trannies.

YOWZA! Looks like I hit a nerve.

I'm sorry. I'm sorry you don't have a sense of humor.

Gup

Yeah I'm totally wounded....Why would you want to create a whip saw, is all I'm saying?? Answer- Because you lack experience in the airline business. You have no idea the monster you would create. Look at Airways. Those who do not learn from past mistakes will be condemned to repeat them.

I'm on my Fourth airline and let me guess this is your first?

You can create all the ratios and alike. Won't matter if we stay separate who has the lower CASM in operations and labor? Who has the international ops? Who has the 50 plus 737s on order (-800 or -700).

And the Coup de Grace......Drum roll....Federal Law. Which means arbitration. No offense to my future brothers and sister at SWA but this is how it will most likely play out. Both sides of (pilots) have very little say in SLI and how the merger will play out. Just one man's opinion.

Yeah I'm totally wounded....Why would you want to create a whip saw, is all I'm saying?? Answer- Because you lack experience in the airline business. You have no idea the monster you would create. Look at Airways. Those who do not learn from past mistakes will be condemned to repeat them.

I'm on my Fourth airline and let me guess this is your first?

You can create all the ratios and alike. Won't matter if we stay separate who has the lower CASM in operations and labor? Who has the international ops? Who has the 50 plus 737s on order (-800 or -700).

And the Coup de Grace......Drum roll....Federal Law. Which means arbitration. No offense to my future brothers and sister at SWA but this is how it will most likely play out. Both sides of (pilots) have very little say in SLI and how the merger will play out. Just one man's opinion.

Hey max we have 71 firm orders through 2015. They can be used for -700 or converted to -800. I won't say why, but they will be used as replacement aircraft. I do find it interesting in what the airtran pilots bring to the table. Yes we know about the the orders and international, but is that it. We could go international, might take longer to do it but we could. What about job security? Did you know that SWA, your future company spent 70 million not to furlough. I think that is pretty good. What about our route structure and our loyal customers? Did you also know when you become productive like us, our and your future airline ticket prices will drop 50% in ATL. This is all because of SWA. I am not saying what airtran brings to the table is small, but we all have to look at the big picture.

Our pilots have been educated the past year and a half about M@A's through SWAPA. A lot of good educational pieces. Yes this is a acquisition not a merger, and the final transaction agreement will dictate your future as a SWA pilot. I hope it works out for all.

I have a lot of friends over at Airtran, unfortunately it looks like they need to google "covered transaction". Guadalupe is not an "air carrier", and this is not covered by the RLA or AM.

Latest resources

Back