• Friendliest aviation community on the web

Dave's kid

I had this email sent to me yesterday.

From: "Rindfleisch, Ron, Representation" <[email protected]>
Date: Tue, Oct 12, 2010 8:13 pm
Subject: JAOC
To: "Rindfleisch, Ron, Representation" <[email protected]>
Cc: "'[email protected]'" <[email protected]>

We are still at 90% assessed and 72% of all the emails, so please try and assess the attached list ASAP, and keep adding emails. And we must continue to assess all Jetblue pilots. There should be plenty of discussions on the line about the letter so you should be making notes of those discussions and then putting them in the DMS as assessments. Every pilot should be assessed several times and the most recent assessments can help us determine the pulse of the pilot group.

I'll host webinars for new JAOC members tomorrow, Wednesday 10/13 at noon ET, and Thursday, 10/14, at 2 pm ET.

Attached is the roadshow schedule. The email to all pilots last Friday referenced the social get-togethers for all JB pilots in the evening, and the attached reflects the JAOC training events. These JAOC training events are for everyone that has already been trained and on the JAOC, and will be focused on specifics for the upcoming campaign. Please try your best to attend one of these important sessions, even if it's not in your base! I've only heard from a few pilots who have committed to attending a session, so please let me know which session you'll be attending. Several pilots from each base have volunteered to be Base Coordinators, so you'll be hearing from them later this week about your attendance at the roadshows. And please try and stop by for a pop and bite to eat at the social gatherings. If you are commuting to one of these sessions and need a hotel room, let me know ASAP so we can book you a hotel room and we'll pick up the expense. ALPA members and staff who will be working on the campaign will also be in attendance at these events.

In Unity,
Rino

Attached to this email was an excel spreadsheet with 200 JB pilots' name, employee number, seniority number, base, seat, address, and phone number. This apparently was the list of pilots that needed to be assessed ASAP. I can only guess that the other 1800 pilots at JB have already been "assessed".

So I guess the next time I'm flying and have a "friendly" chat with my fellow pilot about ALPA, it may end up in the spreadsheet/database/whatever ALPA uses to track interest? Because they need that list as up to date as possible.

It's pretty straight forward. They're trying to find out how the level of support is within your pilot group. If you tell them you don't want a union, obviously they record that as being lower on the support levels. If you tell them you would like a union then they record your support level as higher.
It's important to be honest, as the oc members will be honest with you, it's needed to get an accurate gauge of how the pilot group feels. It won't do any good to have a vote if you know it's going to fail.

Last edited:
Cool. I'm going to give a different opinion every other time I fly with somebody with an ALPA lanyard, just for fun.

If the pro-ALPA club posed the questions as "I'm assessing you". That would be one thing. Trouble is, most aren't doing that. They strike up a conversation in the cockpit that you think is "just between us", and it isn't. They should be honest about their intentions.

If the pro-ALPA club posed the questions as "I'm assessing you". That would be one thing. Trouble is, most aren't doing that. They strike up a conversation in the cockpit that you think is "just between us", and it isn't. They should be honest about their intentions.

I'm sure the I Pee JB guys (AKA IPJB-Independent Pilots of JetBlue and apparent successor to Band of Blue) are doing the same thing.

The BOBs did this during the last union drive. At least this time, about 250 pilots volunteered their names to get the IPJB pro-union list up to date.

Last edited:
It's important to be honest, as the oc members will be honest with you, it's needed to get an accurate gauge of how the pilot group feels. It won't do any good to have a vote if you know it's going to fail.

Exactly, I do tell those that I talk to that they will be assesed. If they want me to put their infomation in the computer is up to them. Out of my 22 assesments, 2 said ALPA sucks NO vote. You cannot access the assesed unless you were the assesor. This is done to maintain privacy. If ALPA has your e-mail you continue to get information sent to you. If you do not want any more info sent to you from ALPA respond to the email accordingly, we will take you off the list.

ALPA's no instant fix or silver bullet, but it's a step in the right direction.

I had this email sent to me yesterday.

From: "Rindfleisch, Ron, Representation" <[email protected]>
Date: Tue, Oct 12, 2010 8:13 pm
Subject: JAOC
To: "Rindfleisch, Ron, Representation" <[email protected]>
Cc: "'[email protected]'" <[email protected]>

We are still at 90% assessed and 72% of all the emails, so please try and assess the attached list ASAP, and keep adding emails. And we must continue to assess all Jetblue pilots. There should be plenty of discussions on the line about the letter so you should be making notes of those discussions and then putting them in the DMS as assessments. Every pilot should be assessed several times and the most recent assessments can help us determine the pulse of the pilot group.

I'll host webinars for new JAOC members tomorrow, Wednesday 10/13 at noon ET, and Thursday, 10/14, at 2 pm ET.

Attached is the roadshow schedule. The email to all pilots last Friday referenced the social get-togethers for all JB pilots in the evening, and the attached reflects the JAOC training events. These JAOC training events are for everyone that has already been trained and on the JAOC, and will be focused on specifics for the upcoming campaign. Please try your best to attend one of these important sessions, even if it's not in your base! I've only heard from a few pilots who have committed to attending a session, so please let me know which session you'll be attending. Several pilots from each base have volunteered to be Base Coordinators, so you'll be hearing from them later this week about your attendance at the roadshows. And please try and stop by for a pop and bite to eat at the social gatherings. If you are commuting to one of these sessions and need a hotel room, let me know ASAP so we can book you a hotel room and we'll pick up the expense. ALPA members and staff who will be working on the campaign will also be in attendance at these events.

In Unity,
Rino

Attached to this email was an excel spreadsheet with 200 JB pilots' name, employee number, seniority number, base, seat, address, and phone number. This apparently was the list of pilots that needed to be assessed ASAP. I can only guess that the other 1800 pilots at JB have already been "assessed".

So I guess the next time I'm flying and have a "friendly" chat with my fellow pilot about ALPA, it may end up in the spreadsheet/database/whatever ALPA uses to track interest? Because they need that list as up to date as possible.

This is all that they have after Blended Rates, Peer Set, "there is a work around', "we are working on it", the PVC has obstructionist within the ranks and finally calling crew members 'cowards' from the closet.

is the atmosphere between those that are pro union vs non hostile ? Just curious from an outsider perspective.

Latest resources

Back