• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Interesting JB ALPA OC email

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Honestly... I'm pro union and I'm starting to feel a little hostile towards the non union folks. I feel that in order to be anti union after watching everything we've seen over the last 18 months, you are approaching criminal negligence. The problem is these people are being negligent with MY career and my family's financial security.

We have been at the PVC process for 10 years. (6 of which I've witnessed from the inside). The company has thrown significant money at us once, and then turned around and hijacked our work rules and taken back more than they gave us. 10 years... not the 18 months that the IPeeJP crowd is trying to make you believe.

We have SERIOUS long term disability problems. Cobra payments starting at 6 months of disability, eventual loss of access to the medical plan. No medical protections for your family if you lose your life.

We have SERIOUS scope and merger issues. The company and the pilots are in court right now on a different topic, and JetBlue is arguing against the pilots being able to sue collectively. This should tell you how that $2 mil combined merger fund is going to go. In the end, you are going to get $2,000 to hire an attorney to fight for your future job after a merger. And the real issue... McKaskill-Bond is untested in a court of law when referencing a non-union work force who could be seen as temporary, individual contractors.

The PVC model is broken. It is controlled by management and headed by a pair of company boot lickers (one of which just seems to keep rewriting the terms of office so he never has to leave, and another that is so far out of touch that he should be drug tested on a weekly basis).

What happens when the PVC doesn't agree with management? Management does whatever it wants and tells the pilots to pound sand. Just reference the last FSM debacle.

So yeah... I'm a bit hostile. In order to be anti union, you have to PURPOSEFULLY ignore all the glaring problems of the last 2 years, and be ignorant of company history since its inception.

I just can't stomach people who don't pay attention to the environment around them.

Honestly... I'm pro union and I'm starting to feel a little hostile towards the non union folks. I feel that in order to be anti union after watching everything we've seen over the last 18 months, you are approaching criminal negligence. The problem is these people are being negligent with MY career and my family's financial security.

You're kidding, right? Criminal negligence because they don't agree with you and don't want a union? Get a grip. I understand you point but really, get a grip.

You're kidding, right? Criminal negligence because they don't agree with you and don't want a union? Get a grip. I understand you point but really, get a grip.

He is simply fustrated that pilots willfully hand over control of thier careers to managment, who do not have thier interests.

It is amazing to me that pilots would rather check out than govern themselves.

The problem at JB is even if you get a union on property, which you should, you are so far behind. Even if you get a union, say a year before a merger, there simply isn't going to be time to get effective. ALPA's experience makes it easier.. in house makes it worse....

Are you one of the guys who "have theirs" at JetBlue? Military retirement? Don't want to see a good thing for YOU go away? Seriously Fins, take a look around you! Unless you are in the top 400 or so, you are being played a chump!

Can you not see that management has "their best interests" in mind not not yours. Being a former military officer, you should be able to spot when the cards are being stacked against you.

1) JetBlue is a member of the Airline Industrial Relations Conference. The entire purpose of that organization is to control YOUR costs. Not management's, but yours. They all get together and slap wieners over who stuck it to their employees the best. http://www.aircon.org/members/index.htm.

2) Jetblue Management, who you think loves you so much, also has Ford and Harrison on the payroll. Lovely bunch of folks over there that really care.

3) JetBlue management, despite loathing unions, is a member of one....the ATA. Guess what the ATA does? They look out for the bottom line and if labor is the problem, they lobby for laws to remove that problem.

4) The airline also has a full legal and HR department to work you over should the need arise.

Now that you see who is in their court, lets look at whose fighting for you:

1) The PVC.

But, if you are in the top percentage, you don't want to see a "good thing" go away do you?

Last edited:
We have been at the PVC process for 10 years. (6 of which I've witnessed from the inside). The company has thrown significant money at us once, and then turned around and hijacked our work rules and taken back more than they gave us. 10 years... not the 18 months that the IPeeJP crowd is trying to make you believe.

We have SERIOUS long term disability problems. Cobra payments starting at 6 months of disability, eventual loss of access to the medical plan. No medical protections for your family if you lose your life.

We have SERIOUS scope and merger issues. The company and the pilots are in court right now on a different topic, and JetBlue is arguing against the pilots being able to sue collectively. This should tell you how that $2 mil combined merger fund is going to go. In the end, you are going to get $2,000 to hire an attorney to fight for your future job after a merger. And the real issue... McKaskill-Bond is untested in a court of law when referencing a non-union work force who could be seen as temporary, individual contractors.

The PVC model is broken. It is controlled by management and headed by a pair of company boot lickers (one of which just seems to keep rewriting the terms of office so he never has to leave, and another that is so far out of touch that he should be drug tested on a weekly basis).

What happens when the PVC doesn't agree with management? Management does whatever it wants and tells the pilots to pound sand. Just reference the last FSM debacle.

In order to be anti union, you have to PURPOSEFULLY ignore all the glaring problems of the last 2 years, and be ignorant of company history since its inception. .

Well said. I don't quite aagree with your hostile comments, but your analysis of why we need a CBA is spot on.

Last edited:
Criminal Negligence........Are you f'ing kidding my.......

To the OC,
You have some real idiots out there trying to push the Union Ethos that havn't a clue!! There are quit a few that are UNDERMINING THE DESIRES OF THE EDUCATED MEMBERS OF THE OC!!!!! In their defense, some have never worked for a Union carrier, but as the OC, you should put a lid on the morons. All it does is put off the people that are not the "predetermined voter"

And this BOB vs ALPA, ALPA vs. BOB is RETARDED!!!!!!!! I get both mailings, I give BOTH their due diligence........The "overly passionate" OC'ers further undermine their cause by the petty shots taken at the BOB's. They are just guys that believe in the status quo, and you are guys that believe in change......wait, i've heard that campaign slogan before........
Point is. keep a leash on JBALPA idiots and you may swing some more votes your way. Maybe not.

Are you one of the guys who "have theirs" at JetBlue? Military retirement? Don't want to see a good thing for YOU go away? Seriously Fins, take a look around you! Unless you are in the top 400 or so, you are being played a chump!

Can you not see that management has "their best interests" in mind not not yours. Being a former military officer, you should be able to spot when the cards are being stacked against you.

1) JetBlue is a member of the Airline Industrial Relations Conference. The entire purpose of that organization is to control YOUR costs. Not management's, but yours. They all get together and slap wieners over who stuck it to their employees the best. http://www.aircon.org/members/index.htm.

2) Jetblue Management, who you think loves you so much, also has Ford and Harrison on the payroll. Lovely bunch of folks over there that really care.

3) JetBlue management, despite loathing unions, is a member of one....the ATA. Guess what the ATA does? They look out for the bottom line and if labor is the problem, they lobby for laws to remove that problem.

4) The airline also has a full legal and HR department to work you over should the need arise.

Now that you see who is in their court, lets look at whose fighting for you:

1) The PVC.

But, if you are in the top percentage, you don't want to see a "good thing" go away do you?

I am in the top 1,400 so I wouldn't say I've "got mine" quite yet. I am happy here but see the need for improvement. I am a military reservist so yes, I get a retirement, but not for another 20 years or so. I am most likely a yes vote. (I say that because nothing is absolute until it's time to vote.)

Any other questions?

Last edited:

To the OC,
You have some real idiots out there trying to push the Union Ethos that havn't a clue!! There are quit a few that are UNDERMINING THE DESIRES OF THE EDUCATED MEMBERS OF THE OC!!!!! In their defense, some have never worked for a Union carrier, but as the OC, you should put a lid on the morons. All it does is put off the people that are not the "predetermined voter"

And this BOB vs ALPA, ALPA vs. BOB is RETARDED!!!!!!!! I get both mailings, I give BOTH their due diligence........The "overly passionate" OC'ers further undermine their cause by the petty shots taken at the BOB's. They are just guys that believe in the status quo, and you are guys that believe in change......wait, i've heard that campaign slogan before........
Point is. keep a leash on JBALPA idiots and you may swing some more votes your way. Maybe not.

There are idiots and morons on both sides.

Nothing petty about pointing out the BoBs lied. That is fact.

Remember: Hey Randy N. can we have a pilot only qualified B-fund without a CBA. The entire room full of BoBs answered in all at once with a 'Yes'. It was almost like they were coached and repeating the same talking points.

To the OC,

FNG320? He has some good points but can really piss people off with his lack of diplomacy.

Latest resources

Back