Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
hang on a sec ...

but come on.. don't get stupid here..

clr4theapch, you do know we are talking about the FAA here right? They get a "mental" hard-on when it comes to investigating and violating people. Don't count on them for more important issues ....

Edit:

Any controllers out here? Is it a violation to let someone repeat instructions over the frequency if that person is being monitored?

Total non issue?!

Safety may not have been compromised, and the idea of taking your kid to work may be cool. But this is the post 9/11 world, and this occured at JFK, not some GA airport in rural Kansas. There are things that common sense dictate that you just do not do. The fact that an air traffic controller did not have the judgement to realize that this would get out, and heads would roll over this, is what is the most scary. I am constantly amazed at the number of people who can't think more than 30 seconds ahead.

Total non issue?!

Safety may not have been compromised, and the idea of taking your kid to work may be cool. But this is the post 9/11 world, and this occured at JFK, not some GA airport in rural Kansas. There are things that common sense dictate that you just do not do. The fact that an air traffic controller did not have the judgement to realize that this would get out, and heads would roll over this, is what is the most scary. I am constantly amazed at the number of people who can't think more than 30 seconds ahead.

Anything after the first sentence is hyperbole and selfrighteous BS. Your inability to see this event as harmless really is scary. I question your judgement. Apply for a job with the feds. You'll fit right in.

"But Jim Baker,a retired chief pilot at Delta airlines with forty years of experience, says lives hang on every transmission and this raises safety concerns.

"I have never ever heard a small kid in the tower giving instructions for an airplane to take off or cross a runway or any kind of instructions" says Baker."

Agreed- just think of the safety implications if the pilots asked the kid for a wind check on departure. Lives could have been compromised.

Total non issue?!

I disagree. First of all, the tower visit has to be approved by the supervisor. If the workload is low (for JFK anyway), and the kid being monitored by ATC, why can't there be a "real-life" experience?

Time to monitor the FSDOs !!!

When I've had kids visit the cockpit during boarding, I let them say hello to their parents over the PA. Should I fill out an ASAP for this now?

Latest resources

Back