• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

FAA investigating JFK air traffic controllers allowing child to direct pilots

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Yeah feds go ahead and throw the book at this guy. In return the guys working JFK (through just a little job action tweaking) can make turn that place into daily Hades this summer. Those guys are a loyal bunch so don't think that an unlikely scenario.

What a pathetic society we live in that we let this get our panties into a bunch. Contrast that with the fact at LONG LAST Charlie Rangel got booted off The House Ways and Means Committee chairmanship today. Watch that get shuffled under the news pile cause a child in a control tower put passenger lives at risk! Great priorities our country allows to be set by the media...:rolleyes:

The kid was just repeating instructions, not actually directing the traffic. Now if it was an intern being allowed to fly the plane...

I agree. This is a non-event. Like many said, this was something that will change this kids life. Unfortunately it will be the day he cost his dad's career. Something I am sure will haunt him the rest of his life. The problem is the fact that this got out to the media. The general public gets real excited about crap like this. If you think this is the first time this has happened you are kidding yourself.

Guys please lets find a way to support this guy to get his job back. As a JFK based pilot he was one of the best we had. This is so sad.

It sounds to me like the kid did a better job of controlling than a certain female controller in Providence a few years ago!

Latest resources

Back