• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ATI and ABX Merging

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Wrong on all three counts. Please stick to the subject.

I'll stick to the subject Jim.

Once again you are shooting from the hip and running your mouth( the same as when you worked here).

You don't have a clue as to what went on during contract negotiations here, because you were fired and not an employee. Sure, there were a few guys still talking to you and giving you bits of information, but that was the extent of your knowledge.

One of the mistakes made by Astar/ALPA was believing that their management was basically benevolent, and that solidarity could be demonstrated by attending picnics and pot-luck dinners, or wearing the same color lanyards. It's a lot tougher than that, and will undoubtedly require some personal sacrifice on everybody's part.

Very nice pot shots at the organization that helped you get your job back the first time you were fired, and then the second time you were fired the same organization went back to bat for you. Very nice.

Comedian Ron White said it best, "You can't fix stupid!"

Ok Danny-boy. I have never once heard Astar's management described as benevolent. (that must have been the case years ago when you were employed here)

Tell me about the dinners and picnic.

oooooohhhhh aaaaahhhhhh ooooooooh aaaaaaahhhhh ooooooohhhhhh aaaaaaaahhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Very nice pot shots at the organization that helped you get your job back the first time you were fired, and then the second time you were fired the same organization went back to bat for you. Very nice.
Okay, we already know you threw your hostages under the bus to get a contract, and that now you're trying to demonize them so you don't look like such schmucks to the rest of your ALPA brothers. You don't have to tell us over and over again.

Try to stay on topic, OK?

Last edited:
You and "where's my 72 hours?"-boy seem to have a real dual-standard when it comes to ALPA's obligation to protect jobs. When one of your fellow pilots gets canned, you assume it's warranted and that it's a cause for humor. You believe that ALPA's representation of it's pilots in disciplinary proceedings is some kind of "favor" that is being undertaken at your personal expense.

Of course, when you find out that your job is the next one on the chopping block, the notion of "personal" takes on whole new meaning. You want to call out the Guard. You want ALPA to file grievances, lawsuits, organize picket lines, generate radio, television, and newspaper coverage ad nauseum, pay for billboards and banner-towing airplanes here and abroad, demand congressional investigations, and even Presidential intervention if necessary. Whatever it takes to save YOUR a$$.

(Let's not forget the giant inflatable rat either. That added a real nice, professional touch, to your last picket line. Maybe next time, you can hire the "Duff Blimp" to do laps over Dasburgs house?)

You're right, you can't fix stupid.

Here's another one for ya;

"What goes around comes around"

"Very nice" eh? You want to know what my definition of "very nice" is? The fact that after Astar pilots voted (by 86%!) a humble and contrite Eastern SCAB back into the good graces of ALPA, he turned right around and schtupped them right in the ***.

Now that's "nice..."

This will be my last response to you Jim, because quite frankly I'm tired of arguing with an idiot such as yourself.

Fact: You are a fired Astar employee. You were fired the first time because of several "no shows" for trips. The excuse you used was "I don't understand my schedule". However, 500 other crewmembers never had a problem understanding theirs.

Fact:Your second firing was due to incompetence, as witnessed by the FAA Inspector that was administering a line check.

Fact: All of your licenses were revoked by the FAA due to incompetence. (This also can be found on faa.gov website under airman certificates.)

Fact: You were probably the most disliked Capt on the DC8. Other crewmembers dreaded flying with you. Crew Scheduling use to make jokes about all the sick calls on the other two seats when your name appeared on the schedule.

You despise ALPA and our MEC even though these people worked very hard to protect your rights under our contract. Even the first time around the MEC went far above the norm to get you your job back.

Okay, we already know you threw your hostages under the bus to get a contract, and that now you're trying to demonize them so you don't look like such schmucks to the rest of your ALPA brothers. You don't have to tell us over and over again.

If you are referring to yourself, you're delusional (as usual) And no, we did not "throw hostages under the bus" to get a contract. That's an absolute fallacy.

I could go on but I'm not. One thing is for sure, if Astar shuts down tomorrow it is not vindication for your lack of competence in the cockpit as you wish it to be. And the majority of pilots here will move on in their career as pilots, something you will never be able to do again.

Last edited:
Sounds like you guys will do well in the future,,I didn't know you had 19 airplanes with doors..Someone from ABX said they had 12 and then one burned in San Francisco.I guess you guys have figured out how to get ahead in the cargo door and floor line as well.Usually takes a long time to get one finished much less 19 or 12 or whatever the number is.I'm sure ABX will keep the crews on board while the mod's get done..
I am curious as to how many ER's you have with the international legs to do what our 73 model DC-8's are capable of ?
We know you guys wouldn't like to work for our wages,but why all the sudden intrest in merging 3 airlines? Talk about a circus ! How to merge the highest paid hourly wages in the industry with a mid range salary group (both Teamsters) and add in the Cappy ALPA guys who are flying for minimum wage.
Oh, and by the way we didn't initiate any merger talks..Seems like it was your union who contacted ours...

It;s 19 on paper according to the ABX Mtc sight, including the one that burnt up. The next one goes in for mod in Aug.The first C cont. aircraft to be modded. No ER aircraft as of yet guess we will not be after that market. S.A. does not seem to require that. My guess is that is where it will be used the most(767-200)

7 down in MIA as of tonight. And there are customers down there that would like more. Just 1 in LAX and 1 flying for ANA. I think that ANA goes back to two planes at the end of September...

It;s 19 on paper according to the ABX Mtc sight, including the one that burnt up. The next one goes in for mod in Aug.The first C cont. aircraft to be modded. No ER aircraft as of yet guess we will not be after that market. S.A. does not seem to require that. My guess is that is where it will be used the most(767-200)

And no, we did not "throw hostages under the bus" to get a contract. That's an absolute fallacy.
The instant you rolled on your hostages, the company knew it was safe to roll on you. Which is what they did. The company saved a half-million dollars a year on 2 Senior DC-8 Captains they sure-as-he11 didn't need, and you got to buy some new chrome doo-dads for your motorcycle.

My kind of hero.

In 1998, the chairman of your negotiating committee brought you an industry-leading contract with a no-furlough clause. This time, thanks to you and guys like you, the company knew they didn't have to be so generous. In fact, the proposal was so full of holes in scope and furlough protection that the same individual who led the negotiations for the '98 contract wouldn't even present this one to the pilots. Of course, being a better talker than a listener, you assumed that the company was going to re-fleet with 757/767 aircraft, and that only the S/O's and a few junior F/O's would be furloughed. ("While we're at it, we'll throw them under the bus too!") You thought your seat was safe, and to he11 with the hostages, and the guys on the bottom third of the seniority list.

You were wrong. Had you protected your flanks, you wouldn't be in the position you're in right now.

Whoops! There goes the doo-dads, AND the motorcycle.

As for the rest, most of the items you list as "facts" seem to be your opinions, of which you have no shortage. The problem is, you're intolerant to the point of beligerence with anybody who doesn't share yours, which is why I never liked flying with you.

Of course, that's just my "opinion."

Now, can we all get back to the topic?

ATI already has their own 767s and Cappy already has their own 757s. Geez, ABX is not going to take them away from you! Let's all just keep our own airplanes, OK? ... I do think we need to be thinking about all joining together, but in the meantime nobody takes away anybody else's airplanes!

Air Transport International LLC and Capitol Cargo International Airlines "own" no aircraft, all of the planes they fly are "owned" by Cargo Aircraft Management, Inc. (CAM).

ABX Air on the the other hand owns all of it's aircraft except five that are on bank leases from Wells Fargo, etc., and apparently N714AX owned by CAM.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back