• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ATI and ABX Merging

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
So let me get this straight, you guys fictionally ratify a TA after all airlines are merged and Jesus aka Bourne doesn't think its good enough and refuses to sign. Yeah right! He'll sign no matter what the piece of crap looks like.

Sorry to hijack the thread, but is the ATI 76 online yet? I thought I had seen it in ILN the past few weeks, but not sure. What gives?

Sorry to hijack the thread, but is the ATI 76 online yet? I thought I had seen it in ILN the past few weeks, but not sure. What gives?

It's supposed to go to Little Rock next week. It'll be there about 7 days for the FAA and then it should start proving runs.

The only way to protect anyone's job at ATSG is by combining the 3 airlines. Permanent seat protection protects all concerned, and no one raids anybody else's seats. David Bourne (Director, Airline Division IBT http://www.teamster.org/divisions/airline/airline.asp ) has already told ATSG management that he's not signing off on ATI's or ABX Air's contracts if they are not fair and equitable to both pilot groups.

OK, lets says all three airlines are merged into one seniority list and then ABX's DHL business goes away. Do the furloughs start at the bottom of the list? We have quite a few new hires.

nobody is gonna merge. Its not in anybodys interest. At very best you will see a "sharing of resources". As an example Cappy is starting to send aircraft for maintenance, c checks and stuff, to ILM. ATI still gonna do its thing, Cappy will do its, and ABX will turn into an ACMI carrier also. All three are gonna have to justify its existence. I would think even the maintenance facilities are gonna expand to do maint for other airlines, again to justify the existence and generate revenue.

Ilm?

nobody is gonna merge. Its not in anybodys interest. At very best you will see a "sharing of resources". As an example Cappy is starting to send aircraft for maintenance, c checks and stuff, to ILM. ATI still gonna do its thing, Cappy will do its, and ABX will turn into an ACMI carrier also. All three are gonna have to justify its existence. I would think even the maintenance facilities are gonna expand to do maint for other airlines, again to justify the existence and generate revenue.

Since we are all part of the same ATSG family now I just wanted you to know that the airport is KILN not KILM. One is in Ohio and the other is in North Carolina. As far as ABX Air turning into an ACMI carrier, well... that happened several years ago!

I think that was a typo...(KILN).....And the reference to an ACMI carrier meant that you all would be flying 767's with cargo doors exclusively rather than your previous configuration.However, I am glad to know that we are all part of the ATSG family now...I was getting tired of being the step-child sitting on the back porch.....

OK, lets says all three airlines are merged into one seniority list and then ABX's DHL business goes away. Do the furloughs start at the bottom of the list? We have quite a few new hires.

I have no idea how everything would shake out in the end. I do know that ABX is planning to furlough people who have been with the company for 10 + years. I think you could probably find away to seat protect all of the ATI DC-8 jobs, and Cappy's 72's. None of this would be fun in the end, but I think it would be the best way to protect the most jobs at all 3 carriers. If management is so against it, that should tell us something.

Not to sound like a smart butt but that doesn't sound like a good deal for the two airlines that are turning a profit and currently hiring with no mention of a furlough. Oh, and cappy now has 757'S, would the Kind people let our guys fly the 757'S or would they want that also. I say this in jest, and this is just a forum to discuss things, so I'm sure policy wont be set here.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back