• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ATI and ABX Merging

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
sounds like a great deal for me. Ill give my seat up at cappy so abx guy can keep his job. I dont think it could be any more fair. Im sure all the ATI guys and gals would happily follow this plan.

LOL......I'm sure they would if that president guy signs off on that. I really don't think I have ever seen any sheep up at the hub in ATI uniforms. I doubt they would follow that, but hell, I don't know.

OK, I give. Let's just all stay 3 separate airlines.

We will all fight for every scrap of ACMI that becomes available around the planet. One will undercut the next as the bids for the work are submitted. CAM will decide who gets the planes for the work.

Or better yet, CAM has decided ATSG will make more money dry leasing the aircraft. As nice as the Cargo Jet paint scheme is, even this ABX guy is smart enough to know those 767's would look better in ATI colors. Is the Cargo Jet 757 that's been in ILN a CAM airplane also? How much better would that look in Capitol colors?

Like I said previously, I don't have any answers, just a bunch of questions. If anyone does have the answer, or a crystal ball can you please come forward and share your knowledge.

I formally apologize to all those that I have offended on this threat and/or in this post. I meant no disrespect to anyone, their job, or their airline.

Sorry dude but I'm not willing to put my family's well being on the the line for "you could probably find away to seat protect all of the ATI DC-8 jobs". And what about our 767 jobs?

I am truly sorry for the pain DHL is inflicting on you guys, but if the tables were turned and we lost all the BAX/Schenker business I doubt there would be any interest in merging seniority lists.

Last edited:
Everybody relax!!

ATI already has their own 767s and Cappy already has their own 757s. Geez, ABX is not going to take them away from you! Let's all just keep our own airplanes, OK?

We're going to have to work together on this stuff to take away any advantage ATSG has while we're 3 separate airlines.

I do think we need to be thinking about all joining together, but in the meantime nobody takes away anybody else's airplanes!

Not to sound like a smart butt but that doesn't sound like a good deal for the two airlines that are turning a profit and currently hiring with no mention of a furlough. Oh, and cappy now has 757'S, would the Kind people let our guys fly the 757'S or would they want that also. I say this in jest, and this is just a forum to discuss things, so I'm sure policy wont be set here.

What makes everyone think ABX pilots are in any hurry to end up ATI or Cappy's list or at your pay scales.When it is all said and done most of us would quit rather than work for half. You are going to be bidding on the same work ABX is while flying mostly 3 man and 3-4 engine gas hogs. The plan at ABX is 25 to 30 767 with cargo doors. We already have 19. With some adjustment to work rules ie: 13 days off instaed of 15 no more sick no charge while on reserve, 401k only instead of a DB plan, my pay remains the same and ABX can still be cheaper than most operators out there. Watchout what you wish for, if you do not think ATSG is not going to play us off each other you better get your know your new boss better.

Sounds like you guys will do well in the future,,I didn't know you had 19 airplanes with doors..Someone from ABX said they had 12 and then one burned in San Francisco.I guess you guys have figured out how to get ahead in the cargo door and floor line as well.Usually takes a long time to get one finished much less 19 or 12 or whatever the number is.I'm sure ABX will keep the crews on board while the mod's get done..
I am curious as to how many ER's you have with the international legs to do what our 73 model DC-8's are capable of ?
We know you guys wouldn't like to work for our wages,but why all the sudden intrest in merging 3 airlines? Talk about a circus ! How to merge the highest paid hourly wages in the industry with a mid range salary group (both Teamsters) and add in the Cappy ALPA guys who are flying for minimum wage.
Oh, and by the way we didn't initiate any merger talks..Seems like it was your union who contacted ours...

Sorry dude but I'm not willing to put my family's well being on the the line for "you could probably find away to seat protect all of the ATI DC-8 jobs". And what about our 767 jobs?

I am truly sorry for the pain DHL is inflicting on you guys, but if the tables were turned and we lost all the BAX/Schenker business I doubt there would be any interest in merging seniority lists.
Yes, but will you still be opposed to merging the lists when ABX starts getting contracts to do the BAX/Schenker flying?

I think the point that Penguin is trying to make is that the owners of these three companies have already joined forces to work against you, the employees of all three airlines. It is now incumbent on YOU, to join forces against THEM. Don't concern yourselves with "merging seniority lists" right now...there are a thousand little things you can do that will demonstrate to management your solidarity and committment to the cause.

One of the mistakes made by Astar/ALPA was believing that their management was basically benevolent, and that solidarity could be demonstrated by attending picnics and pot-luck dinners, or wearing the same color lanyards. It's a lot tougher than that, and will undoubtedly require some personal sacrifice on everybody's part.

WD, once again; how do you know what the Astarpilots did or thought? You haven't been around in a few yrs except for an aborted simcheck and a few grievance hearings.

BTW-I've been active and don't remember any picnics or potluck dinners.

WD, once again; how do you know what the Astarpilots did or thought? You haven't been around in a few yrs except for an aborted simcheck and a few grievance hearings.

BTW-I've been active and don't remember any picnics or potluck dinners.
Wrong on all three counts. Please stick to the subject.

Latest resources

Back