Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

NTSB Recommends Changes In Crew Sched., Comm Proced.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Typical government vagueness. How about this for a recommendation: After 12 hours on duty, you can't fly anymore.

An NTSB suggestion and $1 won't even buy you a cup of coffee anymore.

What about those long haul flights of more than 12 hours?
What about international charter?

what about unsched tech stop?

too many variables to get anyone to agree.
that is why we have rules still on the books that were made in the 50's when it was normal to run four engine prop plane with an Captain, Co-pilot,engineer, navigator, and in flight mechanic.
the rule haven't really kept up with the times now have they

How is everyone going to feel when a 12 hour duty day results in more days at work and fewer days off?

Be careful what you wish for....

Any mention of pilot experience? We will probably get some more "recipe flying" out of this.....while the biggest problem - experience....is ignored.....

How is everyone going to feel when a 12 hour duty day results in more days at work and fewer days off?

Any mention of pilot experience? We will probably get some more "recipe flying" out of this.....while the biggest problem - experience....is ignored.....

Congrat you are managment's wet dream!!!

How is everyone going to feel when a 12 hour duty day results in more days at work and fewer days off? quote]

if you're working over 12 hours to get your time in- there are more than a few off days that are useless recovery days to you anyway. My family does not appreciate zombie days that much, to be honest. I feel bad for how i am those days- present, but not really there.

Airlines need an incentive to schedule efficiently. It would be good for them.

Joe you are anti-labor anti ALPA. You are promanagement even your girl is owned by the company. Get over yourself. I rarely fly more than a 12 hour day. International may have a different set of rules

Latest resources

Back