ZED fares

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

cl65

Hello!!! Has anyone used zed fares before??? Well, i called united res and they told me that ua has zed agreements only with 2 airlines-lufthansa and american . they also told me i would have to buy zed ticket for each airline and one ticket is not inter-changable in .
Well, some say that you pay a specific fare based between city mileage and that if a certain flight is full , you just go to another airline(as long as this airline is in your zed airline) and they will honor that ticket because its based on mileage.

In short, Do i buy just one ticket or 10 tickets for ten different airlines as a backup.

usairways has agreements with over 100 airlines. here are few: air canada, air france, lufthansa, klm, british airways, united, american, delta, etc.

Any help is always appreciated. thanks

ZEDs are mileage based. They aren't always convertable. Cathay won't honor a ZED bought for China Airlines. Haven't tried any other switches before, but they are supposed to be honored. You have to get the original airline to sign off on it though, from what I've been told. Sounds complicated so I buy ZEDs on the airlines I think I will use and then refund as necessary. I used ZEDs to go from SLC to MIA on Continental and it was about $100 cheaper than an ID90 on DAL.

Try www.flyzed.com for info. you need to get the username and password from your company travel office.

TP

Latest resources

Back