• Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

DaveGriffin

Registered Self-Abuser
Zamboni vs. the F-22
  • Single seat
  • Turns on a dime
  • Does only ONE job well
  • Effectively clears a path, after which the REAL team comes out and defeats the opposition
  • Operator acts as if the entire event is centered around his performance
  • Mission Support
  • Low skill level required to operate
  • Wows the crowd at the rink / air show
  • Can't land on a CVN

as Robin Olds said, the F-22 will be the end of the USAF, too many eggs in one basket.

as Robin Olds said, the F-22 will be the end of the USAF, too many eggs in one basket.

Left Langley AFB several years ago with a code on board who had attended the ceremonies around the Raptor's arrival. As I climbed out to take him home, he told me to take a look at the Raptors parked on the ramp below. He said:

"Chief, you are looking at the last manned fighter ever to be procured by the United States Air Force."

No idea if that will prove to be accurate but I found it interesting. Makes sense to remove the weakest link.

I'm joking - I'm joking.

Seal poser impostor is just trying to make himself feel better about his job.

Don't retort to Dave Griffin. We all know he's a poser...he loves to feed off your anger and energy. He just creates noise and drama and has zero SA on what really goes on in the fighter community. Just let him post his garbage...we win when he has no replies to any of his drivel.

Don't retort to Dave Griffin. We all know he's a poser...he loves to feed off your anger and energy. He just creates noise and drama and has zero SA on what really goes on in the fighter community. Just let him post his garbage...we win when he has no replies to any of his drivel.

Scrapdog,

"Drivel and garbage" you say?

A satirical comparison of the capabilities of a Zamboni and the F-22 is an accurate representation of the exact argument that took place at the Pentagon and in Congress. And guess what? The arrogant pr*cks who run the AF (and have little regard for the guys who really do the fighting) lost.

The truth hurts.

Scrapdog,

"Drivel and garbage" you say?

A satirical comparison of the capabilities of a Zamboni and the F-22 is an accurate representation of the exact argument that took place at the Pentagon and in Congress. And guess what? The arrogant pr*cks who run the AF (and have little regard for the guys who really do the fighting) lost.

The truth hurts.

I'm sorry, did you say something?

Dave your not even original. I saw that zamboni thing posted next to an A-10 guys desk 13 years ago except it was zamboni vs. F-15.

Latest resources

Back