• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Your thoughts on the future of American and US Airways

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
It's up to this Baer dude. From what i've read from him he sounds pretty dead set against this merger and is willing to spend millions of taxpayer dollars to save john q public 25 dollars on their next vacation to disney world. They have unlimited resources to fight Doogie and at some point I think it just won't be worth it to pursue. Back to sh!t wages and the east west battle yay!!! Getting Titty fu{kied by a clown doesnt sound half bad at this point.

Delta and United mergers both went through

how is the USAIR American deal any different?

This merger needs to happen. I think at the end of the day it will make airline service better overall

Quote:
Originally Posted by WSurf
Kind of like getting tit-fuked by a clown.

Yeah, WTF are you talking about?

Funny and sad at the same time... Get it... Oh never mind. I forgot its a new generation pilot group these days:)

The merger will still go through. Torrow Lane will approve the merger. This will not go to court and will be settled out of court by divesting routes from DCA. Hostilities and posturing from DOJ and Parker caused this to escallate. Parker tried to give up no slots that would cause price destabilization. Politicians in DC want to keep fares low for their minions an make a stand to show the public how they are looking out for the little guys but in reality hurt those very same low paying jobs. Morons - Holder and others have no clue about buisness and the huge impact from all the people they harm. What a cluster.

The merger will procede and tomorrow the court WILL approve the merger. The DOJ can't unillaterally stop a merger and is a misnomer. This will all be settled by year's end.

This goes much deeper than just DC. It's possible that the merger will still go through but far from likely. If it does it will still take 6+ months before we'll know.

The merger will go through. The DOJ is saving face by objecting. There is no chance in the end the merger is disallowed. After DL/NW and UA/CO they cannot tell AA/US they must compete at a disadvantage. There may be some pairing down but in my opinion the merger will no doubt go through.

Latest resources

Back