• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Your SWA TA prediction

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I was told ATL was the only base who voted for it . I guess Ty Web is full of it saying no AT pilot will vote yes .

No, what I said was that your mother must have dropped you on your head when you were little.

Everything else is just the concussion talking.

:laugh:

Last edited:
I was told ATL was the only base who voted for it .

And to top it off they also voted in as their new rep a valuejet guy who I've been told is not Pro pilot . What's up with that place?

And to top it off they also voted in as their new rep a valuejet guy who I've been told is not Pro pilot . What's up with that place?

I never had to deal with him but DP has always had a good reputation as a nice guy. He was involved in training and management in some capacity for my whole time at AT including assistant chief pilot. I guess union work is the logical next step since SWA threw rocks at all the former AirTran seagulls?

Actually he has been, at various times, Union President (NPA, predecessor to ALPA) Chief Pilot (AirTran), Assistant Chief Pilot (SWA).

He is generally regarded as a fair person who would tell the Company when they were wrong (hence no longer Asst CP) but would also tell the Pilot when he thought he was wrong.

He seems a little more inclined to the Company POV than I like to see in a Union Rep, but old-guard SWAPA guys would probably think he needs a little more koolaid. :rolleyes:

Conclusion: Decent dude, level, knows the inner workings. You could do a lot worse.

Actually he has been, at various times, Union President (NPA, predecessor to ALPA) Chief Pilot (AirTran), Assistant Chief Pilot (SWA).

He is generally regarded as a fair person who would tell the Company when they were wrong (hence no longer Asst CP) but would also tell the Pilot when he thought he was wrong.

He seems a little more inclined to the Company POV than I like to see in a Union Rep, but old-guard SWAPA guys would probably think he needs a little more koolaid. :rolleyes:

Conclusion: Decent dude, level, knows the inner workings. You could do a lot worse.

Thanks for the info Ty, it's just the things I heard from guys who knew him. I would trust your opinion more.

I guess union work is the logical next step since SWA threw rocks at all the former AirTran seagulls?

That's always a fear. We've had plenty of SWA guys who it seemed never really wanted to fly airplanes. They would jump from SWAPA to management to whatever would keep them out of an airplane. ?

Latest resources

Back