Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

You gotta love Doug "Dougwiser" Parker at USAir and his thoughts on mergers..

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Parker, just another greedy Westie. Parker and AWA are a joke. The biggest joke was when they tried to buy Delta. What a loser.

M

But man did he strike gold with the anal fissure of the aviation world...US Airways!! It's haunting to think "greed" got him the abortion that was /is US Airways. Just think how much better we'd all be if Parker were prudent and thrifty. My guess is MCDU would be delivering me my pizza or washing my car!

Not a business guy here, someone correct me if my understanding is incorrect: Parker is saying this pre-BK snapback on "change of control" is preventing the merger. No change to the snapback means no merger. Is this a veiled threat that he'd slowly transfer flying to the Westies and let the Easties wither on the vine or is there something that would prevent him doing this?

DP must be worried that if the "no merger" scenario stands he actually has to run an airline. What a concept.

Doug "I pee while sitting down in a women's prison" Parker can't handle it. I actually heard a good joke from a West pilot in ATL (getting fast food prior to his flight). He said Parker came up to his bus cockpit to say hi and he (the Capt) asked if it was true that Doug got an additional ticket besides the DUI. Doug said that wasn't true, but the Capt insisted and said "I heard it was another traffic ticket-----a failure to MERGE." Apparently Doug left in a huff, but he and the FO laughed. Classic.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Most excellent!

"Parker and AWA are a joke."

In case nobody noticed....the entire airline industry has become a joke.

I work at the YMCA. Better people, better benefits, better lifestyle, better schedule, more job security, more respect, all for much less responsibility and much less hassle. ( I'm serious about this part. )

Livin' the Dream..... 9 hrs/week at the "Y".

Yeah Baby. You know yer' jealous....:)

YKW

Last edited:
Listening to East pilots complain about bad management is like listening to Tiger Woods complain about philanderers.

To paraphrase Churchill,

'Parker is the worst US Air CEO - except for all the others!!'

He played the easties like a fiddle and is getting off CHEAP!!

Latest resources

Back