• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

You be the F/O (CFIT ?)

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Man ... MMPB...with two 17,000+' , snow capped volcanoes I would be firewalled and climbing.

After being there, I sure as hell would be on radar power climbing........... the airplane I fly doesn't have GPWS though.

Before, just from studying the IAP, probably the same, but now with knowledge of knowing that theres plenty of sh1t down there, that I have seen first hand, hell yes, sorry captain.

Those volcanoes really are impressive.

Last edited:
I recently encountered this interesting interview question, so, what would you do?

Scenario: You're on your first trip out of IOE around Puebla, Mexico (thare be hills here!). Your captain is very senior, been there, done that type. It's daylight, but hazy, about 5 miles visibility, can't see the hills today. You're descending on a published approach segment just about to make a turn when "TERRAIN TERRAIN, PULL UP PULL UP" sounds. Captain - the pilot flying, asks calmly "Verify Nav 1, eh?", and doesn't do anything.

Now what?

1) I see you prob just had a CO-EX Interview.

2) Did you pass?

I'd bend the thrust levers over the thrust level quadrant and woop woop pull up..

1) I see you prob just had a CO-EX Interview.

It was a different airline that asked the question. I passed on them before they passed on me. Awww. . .

But I did pass XJT's.

I wonder if the attrition numbers will triple once folks find out I work there. :eek:

Last edited:
I think it is strange that ANY pilot would accept a VIS APP in 'hazy" wx at NIGHT around an airport surrounded by TERRAIN.........but I guess that was the point of the question I guess.

Latest resources

Back