XJT in LAX, Finally

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Obi-Wan

CO also will add a new ski market when it launches service between Los Angeles (LAX) and Montrose, Colo. (MTJ). The flights, using XJT regional jets, will operate daily from Dec. 18, 2004, through April 2, 2005, reduced to four weekly flights between Jan. 4 and Feb. 16, 2005.

Makes you go hmm...

Obi-Wan said:
CO also will add a new ski market when it launches service between Los Angeles (LAX) and Montrose, Colo. (MTJ). The flights, using XJT regional jets, will operate daily from Dec. 18, 2004, through April 2, 2005, reduced to four weekly flights between Jan. 4 and Feb. 16, 2005.
Some rumors/wishes do come true, lets see where this goes...

An airline with some vision. How nice! I’m sure the next good move will come from you guys or Horizon.

how does a regional jet get from IAH to LAX. Does it have the range for that?

I was always of the opinion that the west coast was a lost revenue region.

CEO silly sap said:

As the article said, through MTJ (Montrose, CO). However, the E145XR has enough range to make it to LAX from IAH. We already do a few SoCal destinations in the LA area from IAH.

I have a friend that works downtown. He says they are looking at Fresno, Santa Barbara, Carlsbad, Monterey, and suplemental service to SNA. They are also looking to connect the dots out west with point to point. The AC are under utalized and they are hiring like crazy and waiting to see what happens to UAL. I believe their final request of $1.1 Billion was turned down yesterday. CAL mgt thinks they have to sell assets and shrink to survive. Gordon wants revenge for Denver.

Is the particular model of the ERJ discussed a good short field aircraft? It will need to be if it wants to operate at Carlsbad. Its 4897 ft long. Glad to see you boys coming out here. It gives me an idea of where I will be flying next as UA might try to match it if profitable. LAX-MTJ is a good idea.

CEO silly sap said:

Nothing regional about it !

I believe carlsbad is considered for feed into LAX if CAL expands there. The ERJ's have the perfomance for that( XJT did kileen TX before). Carlsbad to IAH with 13000Ibs of fuel probably not.
Fresno or SBA are no problem. There were additional feed cities under consideration but that depends on a hub in LAX. Like I said a lot of that depends On UAL. The directs to IAH will happen no matter what. As far as point to point stuff goes it might be something like IAH-PSP-LAX-Mexico(dont know where) IAH-BFO-DEN-IAH. I have heard LAX down to Mexico destinations. The rest its just speculation, we'll just have to wait and see. Bottom line is they will only do it if its guranteed to make money, they do not want to go head to head with anyone.

Latest resources

Back