• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

xjt going at it on their own...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Spokane to Kansas City??? Sounds like a real cash cow. . . . .

You sound like the real expert. You probably don't realize the amount of money and big business in each of these cities and the others XJET is opening at. Austin is the Texas capital and has lots of computing companies. ONT (obviously near LA is busy), SAN is another prominent venue....etc.

How do you think people get from GEG-MCI usually? Do you think its so rare that among all other connecting airlines not even 15-20 people per day do this trip? It IS reasonable in a 50 seat jet.... Time will tell.

What he means when he says "old" is are you an 8****? Everyone knows those 8's are crusty :)

Tell me about it. I had a hot FA tell me that if she saw my employee number on her trip she'd try to drop it since all the 8xxxxx's were old. WTF OVER? I guess there's always someone younger and prettier than me!

I hope it works out for XJET. I have several friends that work there and don't want to see them get burned. I've been burned at my last airline, so I don't want to see anyone else for that matter go through what I went through.

I hope your managment gets this one right. Don't put too much faith in your Mgmt team though. They signed a CPA that put 25% of your fleet up for bid in 2006. Won't another 69 airplanes be up for bid in 2008?

Is it true that the airplanes lost in the CPA can't compete with CAL routes or at places where CAL serves?

Ahh, and here's the kind of complete ignorance of our (XJT) situation and business plan that makes threads like this so entertaining to read.

Our management didn't sign any CPA that allowed CAL to take airplanes. Quick history lesson: We were wholly owned and then spun off. The terms of our contract were basically dictated to us becuase it was CAL who owned us and was selling us. Our management had about as much say in our contract terms with CAL as a I do with the IRS on my tax rate.

Tell me about it. I had a hot FA tell me that if she saw my employee number on her trip she'd try to drop it since all the 8xxxxx's were old. WTF OVER? I guess there's always someone younger and prettier than me!

Some of my most favorite captains are 8XXXX numbers. I was just being a wise ass.. It's not about being too old, but rather about being fun and competent. If you were IAH based, I'd have you on my "preferred list". I've heard enough good things about you.

Some of my most favorite captains are 8XXXX numbers. I was just being a wise ass.. It's not about being too old, but rather about being fun and competent. If you were IAH based, I'd have you on my "preferred list". I've heard enough good things about you.

...blush...thanks man. I was just making a joke about being a 10 year regional guy. I guess its been a long time since the 23 years old stews have thrown themselves my way:D But as for fun and competent, I don't know man, you should see me for those 6am shows!:D

I know your pain Pickle, girls think I'm an old fart until they see me, then they know I'm an old fart!:D

Latest resources

Back