Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

badog

Right career, Wrong time
Is this true? I just had a capt. call me and tell me this wassup? anyone else know??? Also said it was hard to get on and denied a PS seat. Semak said Cal was giving us problems........... Uh Oh?!?!?!?!?!?!

badog said:
Is this true? I just had a capt. call me and tell me this wassup? anyone else know??? Also said it was hard to get on and denied a PS seat. Semak said Cal was giving us problems........... Uh Oh?!?!?!?!?!?!

I have no idea what that says. However, I do know that the CPA prohibts ExpressJet Airlines from flying hub to hub on a revenue flight. CAL schedules the flights, so they control that. Care to translate your post?

wha?

Just what I said, Express did some hub to hub flights last week. This capt went to iah for a pc. He tried to come back on a positive space pass and was denied. anyone know what is going on besides the dumb ass who says translate your post. Sheeeze what a moron.

You were all over the map with your post. I apologize, but it didn't make sense to me when I read it.

When was the hub to hub flight? Unless it was a repo flight or a diversion, we wouldn't have done it. We can't. Plain and simple. CAL would never put it on our schedule and they sell the seats. Was this a claim from the CAL captain? Maybe he was just looking for a reason to be a d!ck. Either way, I doubt we did a hub to hub (unless it was a ferry flight or diversion).

We had the same thing with the little red tails (aka... NW Airlinks)... Northwest scope explicitly prohibits hub to hub flight by airlinks... Well, 9E has been doing it now for quite some time... And Northwest is the one who creates these schedules... Way of the future...

I havent heard anything of revenue flight at XJT between the hubs... but I had done CLE-EWR as an empty repositioning leg when I was on reserve.

Just finished a 4 day and saw a few of these flights. They were last minute add-ons to cover the obscene amount of denied boarding pax. Mostly reserve crews flying them. The trips were not in any bid pack or line. Apparently it screws with the system when everyone shows up for their flights.

Master Shake said:
Just finished a 4 day and saw a few of these flights. They were last minute add-ons to cover the obscene amount of denied boarding pax. Mostly reserve crews flying them. The trips were not in any bid pack or line. Apparently it screws with the system when everyone shows up for their flights.

Maybe that explains the IAH-LAX flight I saw on Saturday with an empty repo back to IAH.

As far as a Captain denying boarding to a Pos. Space Express pilot, that guy is just an a$$.

I think the deal with Pinnacles hub to hub flights is that NWA's definition of a regional jet does not include jets with less than 45 seats. Hub to hub flights are are flown with 44 seat A/C. At least the ones that I've done.

That could be true... I thought it was an "any / all airlink" prohibition deal... But I don't have any first hand knowledge outside of fuzzy memories...

Latest resources

Back