• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

XJT contract almost there?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Fly by the book=airplane would never move. Especially at IAD. I picked up a trip there last year. What an absolute dump of an operation. It's no wonder the XJT pilots are jumping ship. Delcon side has no idea...

So, its ok with you to screw reserves from another base and send them on a 30 day trip. Sorry. That does not honor seniority. I'm sorry you did not get the notice. I reviewed it and it went to people that can do the assignment. No CR7 pilots or IAD pilots got it because they can't do anything about it.

The point was the company didnt notify the pilots in IAD about either bid, a couple days before the PBS bid opens...
We have been TDYing pilots to IAD and DTW for 6 days at a time forever ...

You are notified every month when the assignment list comes out before the bid...and also given your bidding number in Flica

Oh it's ********************ed and you know it. Just like everything else they do.

"Skywest has been doing for years on the West Coast markets"

That got nixed awhile ago, at least with UA and DAL flying, for the reason you cited.

"Skywest has been doing for years on the West Coast markets"

That got nixed awhile ago, at least with UA and DAL flying, for the reason you cited.

Oh god, here we go.

I'm just saying... do whatever you're going to do, but I personally laugh whenever I hear that statement. You still won't be flying "by the book" if that's what you mean. "Well, if you're going to do that to me, I guess I'll just stop knowingly violating FARs for the benefit of my airline and do my job right from now on to make a point!" To stop using judgement that you normally see appropriate in your job and turning yourself into a yes/no robot...as you said, the plane wouldn't go anywhere. I know, I know...

Doing your job "by the book" to make a point... there's a concept. Be sure to hold your customers hostage over a bid award... I love how we solve our problems in this business. Do we learn this s*** from our government?

Last edited:
Doing your job "by the book" to make a point... there's a concept. Be sure to hold your customers hostage over a bid award... I love how we solve our problems in this business. Do we learn this s*** from our government?

What he means is doing ONLY our jobs. That means ONE call for catering, fuel, Lav, etc. that also means not releasing the brake until we get all the services we need.....not saying "oh well, I guess the Lav can make it one more round trip". It means taking our time when scheduled a 26 minute AC swap to another terminal.....it means LOTS of things.

The last time we were in negotiations we flew "by the book", and we had a contract in 3 weeks.

It's a little different this time however and I fully expect to see a real turd sandwich foisted on us........if they expect ANYBODY on property to take a concession LASA OR LXJT it's a no vote from me

What he means is doing ONLY our jobs. That means ONE call for catering, fuel, Lav, etc. me

Wow I recall SH (that turd still here) stating in recurrent years ago that we "shouldn't have to call for servicing" nor "should we have to fight for our pay".

Oh and yeah, it aint how we got here, blah blah blah....TFATYD!

Latest resources

Back