• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

XJT ALPA Silence

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
One naturally assumes they'd maintain the average of 3 per day is all.

Although, those were all penned by the same person. Some guy that told us we had to vote yes.

Maybe they let that guy go.

Shame.

There has been some position changes over there. EF has stepped down and I guess they're sorting it all out.

Hey Clutchy, it's the ignore function. Get a grip man, this is FI after all. Sorry your yes vote didn't carry the day. Maybe next vote? lmao

There should be NO negotiating between XJT MEC and XJT. Pilots need to be surveyed before any more negotiating starts up. If there really was an emergency meeting yesterday, the company called it.

This line from the email really stood out for me:

"Both MECs are meeting in a special session today in Atlanta, working on a plan that sets us on a course toward addressing your concerns and building a future single contract."

Why weren't our concerns addressed the first time around? The MEC doesn't even know what our concerns are since we haven't had a single poll taken in years. This is the saddest part about the whole fiasco.

Reminds me of the "representatives" in D.C. who argue amongst themselves behind closed doors about "what is best for us" while never asking us what we want.

It's time for new reps.

"The tail does not wag the dog" the sooner you understand that the quicker you will fall in line. ;)

ALPA is you the pilots of your group

when I worked at Mesaba in the mid 90s we sure had our problems but we took care of them in house first then after we put our house in order we took the rest to National level

ALPA National has widely injected itself into the regional negotiating arena. They've basically sent out somethig along the lines of 'you're gonna have to take one for the [ALPA] team'. They're in on the concessionary agreements; my guess is they're trying to kill the regionals by forcing them to eat themselves alive.

Latest resources

Back