Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

JediNein

No One Special at all
What are the typical lengths of the new-hire classes at XJet and Eagle? Is it one week for indoc, two for systems, break for a day, sim, whatever?

Thanks!

Eagle was right at 6 weeks for me. Started 4/2 checkride 5/14. IOE on the SAAB is a bit backed up. I just finished mine 6/14.

You are on training pay: 65 hrs @ $23.91 and 16 hrs per diem/day @ $1.65 through the completion of IOE. Hotel is provided and is clean/comfortable. Double occupancy through systems (3 weeks) and the you get your own room when you start sim.

Training was a very positive experience. You are an employee from day one with all associated benefits. I have been very pleased with my time so far.

XJT: 1 week indoc, 2 weeks for systems. A week off then about 11 days for sims and then anywhere from 6-9 paid weeks off while waiting for IOE......

Started Eagle on 16 Aug and finished 20 Oct in time to bid as well. 4 days more than 3 months for ERJ. No stopping either, had weekends off during gnd school, one day off during sims, and three day blocks during IOE.

XJET, 9 paid weeks off waiting for IOE, I would think that you would be pretty rusty getting back in the airplane, but must be nice to enjoy those paid weeks off.

XJT: then anywhere from 6-9 paid weeks off while waiting for IOE......

I dont know how thats possible. I've been flying with a check airman all month and havn't been FBO'd once. How come the new guys get the time off and I dont? I digress..... again.....

I dont know how thats possible. I've been flying with a check airman all month and havn't been FBO'd once. How come the new guys get the time off and I dont? I digress..... again.....

A couple of weeks ago we had a new guy jumpseat on a turn because (he claimed) it had been six weeks since his PC, and training sked had told him to stop calling them about IOE.

XJET, 9 paid weeks off waiting for IOE, I would think that you would be pretty rusty getting back in the airplane, but must be nice to enjoy those paid weeks off.

What sucks is that you don't fully appreciate that paid time off when fresh out of initial training... Man, time off is wasted on the new guys! I am just jealous I guess.:)

Latest resources

Back