Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Simon Says

New Airbus Regional Jet
I heard the rumors and listened to all the horror stories of the Pinnacle training department along with the bouts people have with the North Mississippi Flying Club. As one of the first XJ guys jumping the fence to Pinnacle I want to set the record straight. At least for me.

I have been treated with nothing but the upmost respect. Every person I have come into contact with at the CCE, GFS, and the sim has been nothing but proffesional and courtious (sp). Knowledgable instructors that teach you how to play the sim game and what is expected of you during the check ride. I have been here for 3 weeks and I think that is enough of a sampling to say that the rumors and stories may be embellished by the story teller. I have met the lead APD and he is a stand up individual that wants to see ALL pilots succeed in their training. The gentleman is top notch and you would be lucky to have him as either an instructor or check airman.

There have been bumps in the road simply due to transitional growing pains and that would be expected anywhere you would go. If you could see the forest through the trees I expect all XJ guys to recieve the same treatment so as long as you go in with the right attitude. That attitude is that you are no longer a XJ pilot, you are here to learn the Pinnacle way of flying an airplane, and that you have an overall good attitude.

Thanks for making it a positive experience.

I know the TRNG dept has been happy with the guys that have come over. I'm going to the XJ 900. Hope we see the same thing. Good post.

I heard the rumors and listened to all the horror stories of the Pinnacle training department along with the bouts people have with the North Mississippi Flying Club. As one of the first XJ guys jumping the fence to Pinnacle I want to set the record straight. At least for me.

I have been treated with nothing but the upmost respect. Every person I have come into contact with at the CCE, GFS, and the sim has been nothing but proffesional and courtious (sp). Knowledgable instructors that teach you how to play the sim game and what is expected of you during the check ride. I have been here for 3 weeks and I think that is enough of a sampling to say that the rumors and stories may be embellished by the story teller. I have met the lead APD and he is a stand up individual that wants to see ALL pilots succeed in their training. The gentleman is top notch and you would be lucky to have him as either an instructor or check airman.

There have been bumps in the road simply due to transitional growing pains and that would be expected anywhere you would go. If you could see the forest through the trees I expect all XJ guys to recieve the same treatment so as long as you go in with the right attitude. That attitude is that you are no longer a XJ pilot, you are here to learn the Pinnacle way of flying an airplane, and that you have an overall good attitude.

Thanks for making it a positive experience.

Well done, Simon. We at all 3 airlines are so quick to point fingers and blame each other for just about everything. It is nice to see credit given where credit is due. I am listening intently to intel coming from MEM since I am headed down there in a month or so myself. I plan to begin the process with an open mind and hearing things like this help. I think if we approach each other with a mutual attitude of respect we might all be suprised what happens. Good luck in training and I hope the good things continue for you and the rest of us that are following you.

I appreciate the feedback. I've only heard negative things so far so it is kind of refreshing hearing a positive review.

On a side note, does anyone know if our two training departments are talking to each other about a couple of individuals whom I thought were never allowed to upgrade?

I know it's a dick thing to say on a webboard, but I seriously won't get on these people's airplanes if they upgrade again.

I am just wondering if I need to start looking in the cockpit before company deadheads?

I to, have been in the 9E training dept for the last two weeks. I would parrot what Simon says, said. There are some bumps in the road because of the transition, but as long as you understand that Mesaba is the past and 9E is the future it will work out.

On a side note, does anyone know if our two training departments are talking to each other about a couple of individuals whom I thought were never allowed to upgrade?

I know it's a dick thing to say on a webboard, but I seriously won't get on these people's airplanes if they upgrade again.

I am just wondering if I need to start looking in the cockpit before company deadheads?
you are right...it is a "dick" thing to say....typical for a low time or low experience co pilot.......or a suck up

Latest resources

Back