• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

XJ Furloughs

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I know at least 5 of 12 in my class have or are about to abandon ship. And no only the Jan 9 guys have the official complementary parting gift in hand. Personally I'm looking forward to a little paid (unemployment) vacation. It's night and day from the optimism of this summer here right now.

The Jan. 9 guys got theirs via Fedex on Dec 23 (Merry Friggin Christmas). I just swapped furlough dates with one of the Jan 9 guys. Scheduling didn't even blink. Don't expect more than the minimum two weeks notice for the
Feb 15 and 23 furloughs.

Good luck to all the XJ folks. I'll miss flying with you all.

Pref Interviews

Who all is giving preferential interviews to furloughed XJ guys? I know CoEx WAS one of them. Is AWAC doing it as well? Anyone else?

5ontheglide said:
Who all is giving preferential interviews to furloughed XJ guys? I know CoEx WAS one of them. Is AWAC doing it as well? Anyone else?

I was picked up by QX and the CP said he would like to see more XJ resumes.

Horizon, Air Willy, and CoEx as far as I know are still doing pref interviews. Do you know something different 5ontheglide? I got a good response from Republic too, sent my stuff in to ASA but WHOOPS, shoulda read a bit more about the company b4 i did that.. oh well they did the phone screening and sent me the info packet but it looks like they want to strike. See you on the street on Feb 15th!

First and foremost, as an ex XJ'er I offer my condolences to your pilot group. Just a shame what's happening to you. Next, if you are looking to move on and maybe don't know how to get a hold of someone, or maybe lost contact with an ex co worker, try: http://www.whereisapilot.com

I think there is still free memberships available on the site. The Database is still pretty small but growing quickly. Food for thought....

Latest resources

Back