• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Wright Fight Update zzzzzzzzzzzz

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
And the Wright fight continues, spearheaded by one guy from CAL, and one from UAL. The only thing realization I am coming to on this debate................ AA guys are pretty cool.

Flopgut said:
If your product is demonstratively superior to the competition you'll do well. Oh, wait. It's not, and you don't like competition.

Let's see, SWA's planes more full than AA's..... MCI, STL, AUS, SAT.

J3CubCapt said:
Let's see, SWA's planes more full than AA's..... MCI, STL, AUS, SAT.

Bring those full planes over to DFW. You have some customers AA wants back. Not ALL of them, just the ones with money.

Flopgut said:
Bring those full planes over to DFW. You have some customers AA wants back. Not ALL of them, just the ones with money.

Customers are customers you biggot. Doesn't matter how much they make or how often they travel - their business is appreciated.

Gup

Flopgut said:
Wonder what those fares would be if AA had the SWA/Love Field sweetheart rate on airport facilities?

Geez...how is it that NOW pewople are criticizing the landing fees at DAL vs. the fees at DFW when for years the landing fees were the same at DAL as they have been until recently.

All along nobody even made a peep about those fees. Besides, lets remember that landing fees are negotiable....CAL probably gets a better deal on fees at IAH than they do at EWR or LGA.

Maybe its the price of landing at DFW that caused Delta to pull out of there and re-focus on their hub in ATL. Wonder how much they pay at ATL vs. what they were paying at DFW? I bet its a lot less.

What ever happened to the "sweetheart" deal that the DFW airport board made to ANY and ALL the airlines on the former Delta gates....for anyone who would sign up for a long term deal for 10 or more gates...1 year free gate rent....and a bonus of almost a million per gate...wonder why nobody ever took them up on that "great" deal.

Tejas

Flopgut said:
I wonder what they would be now if AA had been enjoying that sweetheart deal for 2+ decades?
How many airports has AA reduced service or pulled out all together which caused SWA and others to pick up the tab?

We agreed to the "DEAL" presented by the city of Dallas. It's a contract you know, maybe you should strive for better terms.

Yeah AA built a great terminal in BNA and then left it to us at SWA - it sucked

Flopgut,

You hit the nail on the head. AA wants the passengers with money. AA has moved in and out of markets. They have increased service (and then usually reduced it when they could) to ensure a higher than average ticket prices with reduced competition. They have always talked about what they were doing for the passenger and how they were growing but really all they wanted was to squeeze competitors first then the pooring passenger out of flying.

Looking forward now....AA management is so giddy about ticket price increases sticking they are parking 27 airplanes the next 12 months (MD 80's I think) and bragging abougt how its good for the corporation because the reduced capacity will drive ticket prices sky high in "select" markets.

I'm going to name you the "History Professor" because you latch onto some of the most obscure and unrelated tidbits concerning Dallas airline history. You can tease SWA about "advantages" but AA has just as many. AA may have "earned" their dominant position but they did so while treating their employees like dirt and getting caught price fixing by the government. Not to mention their ruthless behavior concerning competition. AA made SWA look like a girl scout. Business, like life, is not fair and bad things happen to good people. It's just AA's model of operations is incredibly inefficient and they can't make a decent profit out of their huge revenue, unless they fix the playing field. Knowing that fact I would like to look to the future, not rehash old rivalries.

Heard a good one yesterday. AA may be the Evil Empire but SWA is the Borg.

The LCC model will assimilate all. More likely someone will "merge" with a LCC to take advantage of the profit it generates. This will happen when SWA gets into international flying.

Flopgut, I'm looking forward not back when I study history. Remember when the B-scales were all the rage? SWA dropped theirs after a brief period around 1990. Newhires thru year 3 at SWA were making 12K more than AA pilots. And SWA was still growing like gangbusters. I predict the same for the next 3 years.

Last edited:
Flopgut said:
You have some customers AA wants back. Not ALL of them, just the ones with money.

Sorry, my friend has been flying them all over at NetJets.

Latest resources

Back