Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Would you send loved ones on a chartered flights?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

el raton

I would agree all the fractionals have top notch training, a wealth of experience in the cockpit, and excellent mantenance.

Since the leaders of our industry have decided to dump crew members on the street, and rely more on charter.
My question to frac pilots is, would you feel comfortable sending your family on a charter with a company you're not familiar with?

I would agree all the fractionals have top notch training, a wealth of experience in the cockpit, and excellent mantenance.

Since the leaders of our industry have decided to dump crew members on the street, and rely more on charter.
My question to frac pilots is, would you feel comfortable sending your family on a charter with a company you're not familiar with?

I can't speak for any other frac out there but as far as the charter companies we use at NJA, they all meet the NJA standards when it comes to mx and pilot training. The airplanes have to be on a specific mx program and the pilots all have to be typed and trained to FSI standards. That being the case, yes, I would allow my family to ride on one of our vendors.

With 480 of our guys and gals on the street, our charter sell-offs have actually been reduced. Prior to January 16th, the company was free to sell off as many flights as they wanted. Now, however, they're limited to 11 days per quarter. Regardless if it's one sell-off that day or 30.

On a side note, some of our guys have gotten jobs AT our vendors so I definitely wouldn't have an issue with using them.

Ummmm. No.

Who would ever send their family on a flight with an operator they are not familiar with?

I would do a little research first. Now a days it's pretty easy to find info on 135 companies. So, yes I would after looking into the company.

Put it up your dark space.

You are a complete idiot and don't know how the industry started you arrogant fu*ck! What makes you think that you are so better than anybody else?

Your company is broke and you're posting something like this?

FISCHMAN: Who would ever send their family on a flight with an operator they are not familiar with?

BTDI: So.....you wouldn't let your family fly on any Communter airline since you aren't familiar with how many 500 hour wonders thay have in the right seat?

and rely more on charter.

Sorry, but the above quote simply isn't true at NJ's (can't speak for the other frac operators). If it were true, it'd actually be a good thing as it would mean we'd be recalling pilots fairly quickly.

As for your question, I think the others answered pretty well. It's easy to do some research these days, and depending on the results, I'd put my family on the good ones.

Happens all the time. They're called regionals.

True that! When it's your time it's your time I guess...

If you are asking the question to determine whether or not "all this" charter factors into owners minds I think you'd be surprised at how many blank stares you get if you asked them directly. Except for the relative few who are terrified of flying, training and maintenance only factor in during an emergency and if you've never had one (and statiscally they haven't been in that situation) the bottom line matters much much more. People are inherently wired to believe they're "lucky".

Case in point I bet every single one of you who has ever applied for a job with a private gig has at least one story of being passed over for a "cheaper" more inexperienced pilot even though the salary difference would be a relative drop in the bucket to these big wigs. Most of them will spend more on a weekend shopping trip with their wives than on a years worth of pilot salary. I guess I picked the wrong gig.... Haha.

So if you think you've found a bell ringer to bring back the furloughs I doubt this one will bring much traction. Now if all that charter starts costing them or God forbid an accident happens (again statiscally unlikely) that's another story we will hopefully never have to explore.

Latest resources

Back