Would anybody leave.....

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

gmccrj7

Would anybody leave..... a fairly stable job for a start-up airline? just want some feed back and ideas. I'm new at a new job (LESS THAN A YEAR) bottom of the seniority (2400 out of 2600).

Maybe.

If you want a more useful reply you're going to have to cut loose with a little more background information.

Yes I would if the company I was with was not the company I intended to stay with. Also, it's better to do it now while you're still junior. Plenty of other factors should be considered as well, like your age. Don't get cought up in the "grass is always greener" senario too.

depends on the airline, depends on the pay. I have to say though, anyone going to Skybus will set a new low in whoring themselves out. Oh, and Skybus pilots will not be welcome on my jumpseat.

Would anybody leave..... a fairly stable job for a start-up airline? just want some feed back and ideas. I'm new at a new job (LESS THAN A YEAR) bottom of the seniority (2400 out of 2600).

iF ITS A start-up...quit thinking about 1 year down the road or 3 years down th road...Think about 10,20,30 years...if you are at NJA now ARE YOU CRAZY>>..

depends on the airline, depends on the pay. I have to say though, anyone going to Skybus will set a new low in whoring themselves out. Oh, and Skybus pilots will not be welcome on my jumpseat.

I agree.....or Virgin America.

My guess is that gmc is at Skywest. If that's the case....dude, you could probably be a Brasilia captain by now getting PIC turbine time....don't leave to go to one of these craphole places. Now, of course....I could be way off base with my assumptions....

Sounds like Netjets thinking about quitting to go to Skybus.

If I were you I would stick it out at NJA a couple of years, you might like having 2 three week vacations a year and enough hotel and airline mile points for a family vacation once a year, and job security that can't be touched.

Pay that will be well into the 6 figures and a 3 week vacation every 3 month after 5 years.

Last edited:
The skybus deal has options paid with salary, that's not such a bad deal. If you had that deal going with LUV before it issued, the stock today would be worth $19 million.

Latest resources

Back