Worth the time?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

qwerty

Is it worth the time and effort these days to apply to companies when you don't meet their multi mins? I got 1400/105.

With it taking a couple hours to find a computer, fax machine, and writing a cover letter is it worth it? I might be better off using that time to find a chick with money
!thanks!

Job hunting

Good analogy. I agree, do both. You never know unless you try. :)

Seriously, if you are at or close to a company's mins, apply. Send in a resume accompanied by a well-drafted cover letter. As you build time, especially the kinds of time you know it wants, i.e. multi, turbine, instrument and total for the ATP, in that general order, update. If you change jobs and/or addresses, update. It's a little bit like playing darts or picking up a chick (or a guy), you have to keep throwing darts at the target. Eventually, you'll hit a bull's eye (or pick up someone).

Good luck with both endeavors.

You find all the necessary info and you apply to the companies you want to regardless of their posted minimums.

If they turn you down, thank them and then reapply when you update your resume, reapply, reapply, bug them, hound them and relentlessly let them know you want to work for them, that you are prepared to persuade them that there company just cannot go on in this world w/o your talent and that hiring you will be the best decision they will ever make.

I don’t care what anyone says, persistence in winning a job, constant persistence only shows your willingness to work for something, that you will set a goal and won’t stop till you achieve it and you are not turned away by seemingly tremendous odds.

Any company in general who looks over an applicant simple because they were persistent in winning an interview is probably not one you want to work for.

Once you can legally hold the position and you have a reasonable amount of experience I say go for it, you have nothing to loose but the opportunity itself.

LA

Latest resources

Back