• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

World, ATA , and North American

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
ATA was talking about getting ride of theirs as close as 3 days ago but all of sudden in a meeting they did a 180 and are keeping it. Hmm sound interesting. I have heard that World was wanting to get out of passenger carrying service due to the high cost of Flight Attendants contract

From my point of view as a crew dog mushroom, I think you may be right. From what I have heard they (FA's) do better than most and more than ATA or NAA. I am not sure how excited I am about being only cargo as WOA has always been able to stay afloat by doing both Pax and Cargo. It seems when one is up the other is down. I sincerely hope the work groups can work this out without nut cutting each other.

Well we are asking questions that will not be answered any time soon. Being part of the aquirying company you think you are alright then your not so I am not counting my sheep. 4 years of uncertanty and then things smooth out then back to the questions agian. I have my thought of how this will go but NAA employees would not like my idea

If it hurts everyone a little it's about right. We should and could be a great example for the rest of the industry.

I think all of the pilot groups will be fine might be a contract re-alignment or something like that but the other labor groups might not be so safe and that goes for all parties.

Possible whipsawing issues aside.....

Congrats ATA, North American and World folks. The whole is stronger than each individually.

Didn't the Atlas/Polar whipsawing problems get fixed? I'm thinking this new entity has a great shot at unity. Thie possible issues are of the variety ALPA is actually able and willing to address.

Last edited:
Possible whipsawing issues aside.....

Congrats ATA, North American and World folks. The whole is stronger than each individually.

Didn't the Atlas/Polar whipsawing problems get fixed? I'm thinking this new entity has a great shot at unity. This is an issue ALPA is actually able and willing to address.

I sincerely hope you are correct. This thrown together group of professional avaitors deserve and should demand unity. No whipsawing. Pay parity and benefits to the highest paid group for like aircraft........

I sincerely hope you are correct. This thrown together group of professional aviators deserve and should demand unity. No whipsawing. Pay parity and benefits to the highest paid group for like aircraft........

What kind of language is in the ATA contract pertaining to mergers/successorship?

Thanks,
NYB

Latest resources

Back