Woo Hoo

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Brit,

Don't feel too bad. My mum is from Southampton, and most of my family is from either England or Wales. My dad was born in Nebraska, but all his side is from Ireland. My name is severely irish, and I look irish. Sort of like a really ugly leprechaun.

I'm the outcast, born here, and always been here. Never really an issue, except that I had a strong accent growing up in grade school, and we faced a move back to the UK during the Falkland events, while the US was hemming and hawing over weather to side with Argentina or Britain.

Today I face extermination as a dying breed of white trash; the geek redneck.

I have a long way to go, though. I'm shooting for my eventual goal in the ultimate in marketability; I'm gunning for disabled ethnic gay veteran. The bad breath and ugliness is only a plus. I may never make it, but we can't all be the model citizen, can we?

Proptrash-

All you need is a certificate from the Tribal Council identifying you as a member of the "XXXXXXXX nation", and as far as United is concerned, you'll be known as "dances with turbofans".

Britpilot-

Okay, we have the accent, but you guys have to fix that wrong side of the road thing. I'm okay until I hit a roundabout...

:)Avbug, I'm very pleased to see that you know how to spell mum! There are a lot of us brits over here, it's a little like Hong Kong, the lease is almost up and we're taking it back.
Timebuilder, the roundabout was designed to confuse the enemy in time of war, as you can see it is a fine design that works very well. It's purpose now, of course, is to confuse and frustrate American tourists intent on invading England. Of course it is not us who drive on the wrong side just any Australian :D

Hang on there...as a former resident of Oz, my heart is still in the gum trees. Probably always will be.

As for roundabouts, these are the hope of the future. The roundabout represents continuous movement; the opportunity to pass on without stopping, no broken motion. It is circular, one road leading to all, all to one. The roundabout is life, it is peace, it is the whole. If we had more roundabouts, there would be no sorrow. No hunger. No lack of education. We must dwell on the roundabout, think about the roundabout.

Be the roundabout.

Except when one gets sick after going around too many times. Then it's time to pull over.

What happens when you turn the wrong way on a roundabout-you hear real English-especially if you have an American accent.

Latest resources

Back