Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Center: "Airline xxx say Mach #"

Super pilot: "uh Mach .78 WHADDYA NEED

Just answer the effin question. If he wants you at a certain speed he'll assign it to you.

Whew. I'm done ranting. Where's the Valium

Atc: "rjlifer xxxx say speed"
PF to PM: ".78!"

Thanks dude, i couldnt handle that one..

Center: "Airline xxx say Mach #"

Super pilot: "uh Mach .78 WHADDYA NEED

Just answer the effin question. If he wants you at a certain speed he'll assign it to you.

Whew. I'm done ranting. Where's the Valium

Usually that phrase is added to indicate in a subtle way to the controller that you are not "married" to that speed and are willing to go faster/slower as needed (vice an operational restriction).

But you knew that right and were just having a bad day!

Over and out. Roger. No longer "with ya"!!

Usually that phrase is added to indicate in a subtle way to the controller that you are not "married" to that speed and are willing to go faster/slower as needed (vice an operational restriction).

But you knew that right and were just having a bad day!

Over and out. Roger. No longer "with ya"!!

If you have an operational restriction then I would just assume you would respond "restricted to .xx" when prompted for speed. Otherwise 99% of the time you're not "married" to that speed.

Some of you guys are a real bunch of dorks. I am now going to say with you on every transmission just to annoy you!

I intentionally use the "with you" phrase ever since I found out how many people get all bent out of shape whenever they hear it.

I intentionally use the "with you" phrase ever since I found out how many people get all bent out of shape whenever they hear it.

I'm ok with that. I'm not ok with people who actually think they need to say it. I know...weird.

Who cares. We invented flying. We can talk how we want.

"and SouWest 1 is with you and needs a wind check, over."

Because there are some terribly anal pilots out there who can't stand non-standard phraseology...

Not that it's in my typical verbiage either, but really... who gives a flying f***? People like that are miserable to fly with. Kind of like the guy who comes on board and says during his intro briefing "I'm pretty standard", which means you'd better watch him or her like a hawk... That's a long 4-day.

Now I'm going to talk really slow, with a drawl, and repeat EVERYTHING back.

Latest resources

Back