Will I get my medical taken away?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
minitour said:
There could be (and are) people out there that are the happiest-go-luckiest people in the world that suffer from depression.-mini

Yea, there was a girl I worked with who was the happy go lucky "daddy's little girl" type and told me she took Lexapro for depression. I was surprised to hear that. She was the cutist little darling and as bubbly as can be. Got to take her up in a C-172 last summer and felt like 6 yr old boy in Toys R Us!! Unfortunatly we were never more than close friends.

Last edited:
oilcanbland said:
Okay, you guys are convincing me more and more, that I should just keep the issue to myself. Which to be honest, is sounding like the best thing I could do. But is there any chance the FAA could find out about the situation? Somehow, somewhere, someway?

Here it is in a nutshell from someone who has been getting medicals since 1971 so I think I have some (limited) experience.

You have two choices:

1- Fess Up
2- Keep it to yourself.

Both have advantages and disadvantage. How do you decide? That's the $64,000,000 question.

In order to decide you need to consider the following (at the minimum):

1- Are you planning on going to an airline down the road? And with 150 hrs, that road is pretty far away.

2- Can you get yourself off the meds?

3- Can you live with your decision?

If you answer yes to all, then get off the meds (with help from your prescribing doctor), keep it to yourself, get your next medical (class III), answer NO to evey question, wait 2 years, get a class II, wait a year and then get a class I. Never look back!

If you answer NO to 1 and YES to 2 and 3. Fess up and get it over.

If you answer NO to 1, 2 and 3, keep taking the meds..you really need them it seems :)

What ever you decide, that will be the right decision.....for you.

about 6 years ago my Dr. gave me Welllbutrin to help me stop smoking, didn't work for more than a year ( I smoke under stress), asked the AME about it but he said that far back don't worry.

AeroBoy said:
If I were you, I'd talk to the medical experts at www.leftseat.com. According to their Web site, they provide "free accurate anonymous answers to aeromedical questions," and they can do amnesty petitions for previously unreported conditions.

No offense to the people on this message board, but I wouldn't take their advice on this important subject--they're not the ones who could be fined by the FAA, not to mention have their tickets pulled. The FAA medical experts at leftseat.com will give you free, accurate advice--take it!!

Filling out a NASA form, as has been sugested, won't do you any good. The best advice on this entire thread is what AeroBoy posted.

'Sled

Flylo said:
Son, do you know how many first rate pussum's there are out there.
"Christians with Throbbing Genitalia" or something like that.
:p

LMAOROF...I love it.....pussum's...ROF....."Christians with Throbbing Genitalia".....you made my day man.:D

qmaster3 said:
AGREE

GET OFF THE DRUGS, AND KEEP YOUR MOUTH SHUT.
Don't tell the FAA, don't tell the doc who put you on them, and don't disclose anything at your medical.

Just go bang a new bitch you'll be alright.

Amen to that!! Nothing cures the "She left me" blues like a hot new fresh piece of ass. It's even VD so there's gotta be some lonely chick somewhere looking to get banged.

Medical "advice"

I dunno about keeping it to yourself, though I agree with the others about not filing a NASA report. There are serious consequences for not filling out the medical app truthfully.

www.leftseat.com is an excellent medical website. If you belong to AOPA, give it a call for some confidential advice. Contacting an aviation attorney might also be very wise, and money well spent in the long run.

I recall, Can, that you and this gal had some issues when you were still playing baseball. For your sake, I hope you've resolved these issues.

Good luck.

Last edited:
Yes,

Talk to a professional about this. Although they will most likely tell you to fess it up.

You have nothing to fear, if you're off the medication an you don't need to see a doctor than within three years of your last related visit it will "fall off" your record, since you only have to mention the doctor visits during the last three years.

I would advise against lying about it. They do take that stuff very seriously, as should everybody else. But don't take our word for it, spend a few quarters on thatAOPA call or like others mentioned -leftseat- is a very good organisation.

I think I will give the guys at AOPA a call, and the people at Leftseat as well. I'm actually going to school for aviation, and I'm getting ready to get my commercial cert, then CFI. I just hope I can figure something out, so I can actually graduate on time.

Hey Bobby, nice to hear from you. Yeah, I'm not having any women issues right now, just this medical crap.

Thanks guys.

2 choices,

Tell or don't tell.

Unless you disclose it to your AME/FAA, there is no way anyone will ever find out.

Latest resources

Back