Will I get my medical taken away?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Flylo said:
join one of the groups that you know will have a bunch of available women in it; like, "Christians with Throbbing Genitalia"

Beautiful.....almost poetry Grasshopper...

OK Ifly4food, let me see if I understand you correctly. Are you saying to lie to the FAA when it comes time for my medical this June? I'm looking at an example of the medical exam application right now in the book "Practical Aviation Law, 4th Ed" by J. Scott Hamilton. He is an aviation attorney, and I have this book for an aviation law class I'm taking at school right now.

Question # 18 of the application asks if you have ever been diagnosed with any of these conditions...it lists many other serious conditions, and one of them is "Mental disorders of any sort; depression, anxiety, etc." So if I was being honest, I would have to put a check next to this.

Then question #19 asks you to write in "Visits to Health Professional Within Last 3 Years." If I was being honest, I would have to write in the times I visited this doctor.

Are you saying to just act like I've never been diagnosed with depression and act like I've never been to the doctor? According to this guy's book, it is a federal felony to make a false statement on any FAA form. Then I could be punished by them revoking my medical and pilot certificates, up to five years in prison, and a $250,000 fine. Those are stiff penalties.

Suppose I were to not put this stuff down on my medical app. What are the chances of the FAA finding out that I really DID have depression and I really DID go to the doctor? How likely would they be top find something like this out, and how would they find out?

It is very tempting to not put this stuff down and act like nothing ever happened, but then again, I would be taking the chance of losing my certificate forever, not to mention thrown in jail, and fined all to he!!. But on the other hand, if I do tell them, I may not get my medical, or I may have to appeal it and all that crap, which will not be a fun process.

The bi!ch of it is, I've never, ever, ever, ever, not even once suffered from ANY kind of side effect of this medication. No drowsiness, no dizziness, NOTHING. I can't even tell I'm on it.

I am definitely in a complicated position, and I have no idea what the f*$k I'm going to do. I need serious advice guys. Please. The jokes are nice and all, but to be honest, I don't really find too much humor in the situation, and I don't think any of you would either if you were in my shoes. Thanks for all the help.

if you're an AOPA member, you might want to give them a call.. they have a legal department (which you need to pay to be a member in), but also some good counseling around medical issues.

A call to an aviation lawyer might also be a good route.

DO NOT TELL THE ME THIS!!! Thats my suggestion. Guessing form your time your what 3rd year in college/school...maybe more? This was in the past and if youre over its none of his business. Chances are the doc had the same exp. in college. He turned out just fine. There not going to stiff you with a 250,000 fine and or 5 years in the slammer. Be yourself, pass the eye exam, the piss test and youre on your way!

oilcanbland said:
OK Ifly4food, let me see if I understand you correctly. Are you saying to lie to the FAA when it comes time for my medical this June? I'm looking at an example of the medical exam application right now in the book "Practical Aviation Law, 4th Ed" by J. Scott Hamilton. He is an aviation attorney, and I have this book for an aviation law class I'm taking at school right now.

Question # 18 of the application asks if you have ever been diagnosed with any of these conditions...it lists many other serious conditions, and one of them is "Mental disorders of any sort; depression, anxiety, etc." So if I was being honest, I would have to put a check next to this.

Then question #19 asks you to write in "Visits to Health Professional Within Last 3 Years." If I was being honest, I would have to write in the times I visited this doctor.

Are you saying to just act like I've never been diagnosed with depression and act like I've never been to the doctor? According to this guy's book, it is a federal felony to make a false statement on any FAA form. Then I could be punished by them revoking my medical and pilot certificates, up to five years in prison, and a $250,000 fine. Those are stiff penalties.

Suppose I were to not put this stuff down on my medical app. What are the chances of the FAA finding out that I really DID have depression and I really DID go to the doctor? How likely would they be top find something like this out, and how would they find out?

It is very tempting to not put this stuff down and act like nothing ever happened, but then again, I would be taking the chance of losing my certificate forever, not to mention thrown in jail, and fined all to he!!. But on the other hand, if I do tell them, I may not get my medical, or I may have to appeal it and all that crap, which will not be a fun process.

The bi!ch of it is, I've never, ever, ever, ever, not even once suffered from ANY kind of side effect of this medication. No drowsiness, no dizziness, NOTHING. I can't even tell I'm on it.

I am definitely in a complicated position, and I have no idea what the f*$k I'm going to do. I need serious advice guys. Please. The jokes are nice and all, but to be honest, I don't really find too much humor in the situation, and I don't think any of you would either if you were in my shoes. Thanks for all the help.

Yeah, I pretty much knew that I wouldn't get thrown in the slammer, or fined 250K, but I was just trying to say how bad the FAA gets pi$$ed off when you lie to them. But I probably would NOT be able to fly again.

ifly4food said:
I would NOT report it. It's nobody's business!

AGREE

GET OFF THE DRUGS, AND KEEP YOUR MOUTH SHUT.
Don't tell the FAA, don't tell the doc who put you on them, and don't disclose anything at your medical.

***INAPROPRIATE REMARK DELETED***

Last edited by a moderator:
At one point someone has lied on a app. If you're over this heden get on with your life. Get back into it. The only time you'd be able not to fly again is that if you were involed in an accident and the feds ran the "oilcanbland" on you in :their system no the faa's. Move on

oilcanbland said:
Yeah, I pretty much knew that I wouldn't get thrown in the slammer, or fined 250K, but I was just trying to say how bad the FAA gets pi$$ed off when you lie to them. But I probably would NOT be able to fly again.

Okay, you guys are convincing me more and more, that I should just keep the issue to myself. Which to be honest, is sounding like the best thing I could do. But is there any chance the FAA could find out about the situation? Somehow, somewhere, someway?

If I were you, I'd talk to the medical experts at www.leftseat.com. According to their Web site, they provide "free accurate anonymous answers to aeromedical questions," and they can do amnesty petitions for previously unreported conditions.

No offense to the people on this message board, but I wouldn't take their advice on this important subject--they're not the ones who could be fined by the FAA, not to mention have their tickets pulled. The FAA medical experts at leftseat.com will give you free, accurate advice--take it!!

Latest resources

Back