Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Why won't the SkyWest ASA thing DIE!!!??

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Bluto

Twice before we've heard them, and twice before they've been discredited. Why won't these rumors just die? Every time I think it's gone, the SkyWest ASA merger rumor rises, phoenix-like, from the ashes. Can anyone put this 3rd iteration to bed? Or will we be tormented with these rumors far, far into the future? Thoughts? Psychic inklings? Anything? Anyone?

Its all part of a vast right-wing conspiracy to get me to spend more of my money on anti-depressants...

And I quote:

"Did you catch the number of that school we saw on TV, Mav? 'Truckmasters', I think it was? I might need that."

Rumor is Mesa put in an offer that trumped SKYW's offer. Now stand by for round two!

It is just a matter of time. We need the cash, and we want to lose some of the debt. We will also probably give whoever buys ASA or Comair a sweet lengthy deal. As the analysts said today, we will probably NOT go Chap 11 this year, so DL will dangle them out there and see who wants to tag along with us for awhile. Maybe Mesa will do it, maybe SkyWest.

Bye Bye---General Lee

General,

Long time no read. you still peddling that song and dance? Hey, never say never, but it doesn't have a good beat and I can't dance to it! My money is on an IPO. The last thing the evil mother(****er) ship wants is more consolidation, which leads to less whipsaw.

doh, it seems to me, with the decidedly lackluster performance of most recent regional IPO's, that selling portions of ASA publically wouldn't yield the desired revenue. I think the General's on to something as far as the sweetheart deal is concerned. I seriously doubt St. George would be interested in ASA without some hefty ROI. Their policy has long been one of controlled growth and avoiding growth for growth's sake. As for the AW&ST article, the last batch of rumors has sprouted since that article. I'm hoping it is again debunked as I think a merger would likely be disastrous for people on both sides of the fence, but some rumors just refuse to die.

All the check Airman at skywest say it is a done deal ! Thats just in the last couple of days! I hope it doesn't happen, but I guess we will see!

I read a post on a different forum that SGU wants a 5 to 1 integration with ASA if it happens. I doubt that will go over well.

general, i heard that delta was going to spin off delta mainline domestic, since that is the entity dragging Delta down..... Delta's profitable entities are ASA, Comair (except the christmas fiasco quarter 600k loss), tech ops, Delta international. They get rid of their poor performing unit and raise a little cash. but this has already been metioned...... i doubt delta would get rid of Comair or ASA or Delta domestic mainline. They are all integral to the company. sadly, asa and comair employees might be better off as a separate entity.

It's good that the rumor is still alive, because that means it's not going to happen. As soon as the company comes out and states that the merger is totally off, it's going to happen. So, keep the rumor alive!

Scott

ps - I just heard that Brad said that there is no way that he will ever expand the RJ base in SBA, EVER....

Latest resources

Back