Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Why are the 1700+ trannies pilots not recalling their status reps?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Status
Not open for further replies.
"and believe it or not, the senior FO's who lost their upgrades not only took losses, but they took pay cuts as well since they lost out on upgrade for the next 10+ years."

Everyone would be happy if you guys never got on the property, period, but you got bought because the industry cannot support the number of airlines that are out there...i will "lose" my upgrade to, the difference I won't get a pay raise while doing it...get over yourselves, your expectation for upgrade at AAI changed the second you were bought at SWA...as did mine...

I'm not sure you will "lose" your upgrade. Your upgrade was based on attrition of the SW CA's above you, that was all that was guaranteed with SW not growing organically. Your CEO decided to make an aquisition, he didn't ask either union for permission and he didn't insist on lists before a deal because he didn't want this deal scuttled by unions. I would think that it's very likely an arbitrator will "fence" off CA vacancies created by native SW CA retirements for native SW FO's. That would be fair because you "owned" that attrition based movement prior to this deal and it should continue to belong to you. As far as the AT CA slots are concerned, show me an arbitrated merger/aquisition between two solvent major airlines where CA's got displaced so FO's in the same equipment group could take the slots. I can't think of one and that's realty, it is what it is; that doesn't mean that it "has" to be that way in this arbitration though we'll just have to see.

Again, this is not where I wanted this to go. But that was out of my control.

No you wanted to go in front of 650 other guys senior to you.

I think you trannies may want to check out our side letter 8. I would hate to see the worst happen here as I know a few guys there, but this was another big example of ALPA overplaying their hand yet again. DAL, NWA, F9, UAL, USAir....how many pilot groups is that union going to screw up and drag through BK before it is all over. I really think your MEC is playing with fire. 'Gary' will only go so far to make you a part of the SWA family, but he is a beancounter at his core...I wish I could explain the weird dynamic as it is unlike any other company and to most outside SWA/SWAPA just plain bizarre. If the pilot integration gets much worse, it is virtually guaranteed to be heinous among the FA's and mechs as we are sickeningly complaint compared to them. The FA's will no-sh!t burn this place down and Gary knows it. I think you will probably get one more chance at a deal in this quasi-mediation period, but then that's probably it.
This pretty much sums it up. Your MEC is sounding a bit like FAPA. If you want to keep saying "we will do better with ARBY" I hope that lets you sleep well at night. SWA/SWAPA has more cards to play than you do. You have but one card and its already on the table.

"Actually, I'm not sure the AT pilots do want more in terms of money (they will probably end up with less), they just don't want to take a large DOH reduction that will stay with them forever."

Save the BS...you guys are going to get the money and you know it (DFR/SWAPA, CBA language etc...), you want the seniority AND the money, nothing altruistic, just greed plain and simple...

Jack, you are "mad" I'll give you that :) Seriously though I can understand your frustration 100% and I would probably feel the same way if I was in your spot. I fully understand why most SW pilots never wanted anything to do with this aquisition but your CEO did the deal and that's that, he didn't ask for your blessing. There are a lot of unknowns here and change is not easy for most pilots on either side.

If you read my post again my point was simply that when the AT MEC rejected this deal there were some positive financial "kickers" for the AT guys if they were willing to accept a DOH reduction (and have pilots with less longevity senior to them forever) that are now gone. The AT guys as a group seem to (without a vote we will never really know) accept the removal of those provisions if it gives them a chance for a more traditional seniority integration. I'm not your enemy, I'm just a pawn in this game like the rest of us.

Your gonna throw families on the street because of possible subjective future expectations being affected. That is really sick man. Doing that would make you guys no better than anyone else in this industry.

No, your union is the only one throwing families on the street. Let's make that clear.

You leaped before you looked

(NYSE: LUV ) stock $7.89

Approaching a 2 year low.

LUV price at AT purchase last year: $11 and change

Market CAP today $6.4B, at AT purchase $8.9B

A loss in value of $2.5B.

Some of that is market crash, but real loss none the less.

Gary will determine his companies going forward position based on market conditions.

SL8 protects every SWA pilot from furlough.

SL9 is gone.

Roughly 100% of the value of the Airtran purchase is GONE.

I often said winning the battle could result in losing the war.

In this case, it looks like the generals of the MEC walked off the field before letting the players decide.

Last edited:
MEC followed the wishes of it's members.
You're are great number cruncher, but unlike you, GK does not factor in where his favorite pilot named scoreboardII end up in this equation.
You had an opportunity to get a fairly negotiated deal. You blew it.

You may get your wish on a separate list that will never grow. Would you be OK with that?

Of course not, since that would be a violation of the Process Agreement that SWA management signed along with SWAPA and ALPA. But I'm sure Gary has far more honor than to violate the agreements that he has signed in good faith.

MEC followed the wishes of it's members.
You're are great number cruncher, but unlike you, GK does not factor in where his favorite pilot named scoreboardII end up in this equation.
You had an opportunity to get a fairly negotiated deal. You blew it.

Did you vote? What were the percentages?

P.S. Your comment to one of our military veterans about "wasting gas in Iraq"
was disgusting. You have joined the ranks of your Valuejet scabs as to not being welcome on my jumpseat. Actually, on second thought, I would let one of them on before you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest resources

Back