• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Why are passengers rude to pilots?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I was hearing a story about a pilot being asked if he was a pilot...

He said he was a dolphin trainer...and when she asked what the stripes were for on the jacket he said it was for every dolphin he had lost.

LOL

I enjoy wearing my uniform in the termianls and of course since I work for an individual instead of a company I can what ever I want. Usually it is " Can I ask a question?" my response " No" and I walk away.
But going from the front of a 121 carrier to riding on a 121 carrier what I see is that people are pissed off because they want meals back, more room, less people but feel they are still being ripped off by the airlines because they paid $165 roundtrip for their ticket. I hear the same sh*t all the time when I am riding in the back.

Are you serious?! Just saying no and walking away? Is it too much trouble to simply explain that you work for a pvt company? No wonder people hate you guys. What class....:rolleyes:

I enjoy wearing my uniform in the termianls and of course since I work for an individual instead of a company I can what ever I want. Usually it is " Can I ask a question?" my response " No" and I walk away.
But going from the front of a 121 carrier to riding on a 121 carrier what I see is that people are pissed off because they want meals back, more room, less people but feel they are still being ripped off by the airlines because they paid $165 roundtrip for their ticket. I hear the same sh*t all the time when I am riding in the back.
Wow, what a prick. I guess that maybe there is a reason that the passengers are treating us like crap, there are guys like this assclown running around being rude.

When I jumpseat I feel like a poser walking around in my pilot's uniform. I have a special shirt I reserve just for this occasion. I have to remember not to pick my nose or scratch myself or do any other freight dog things on this side of the airport. People will approach me with questions, but I am just a passenger myself on this side of the airport. I try my best to help them out, but I am just as lost as they are on the sanitized side of the airport.

I think pilots who fly out of the passenger side of the airport might start to take for granted the symbolism they represent to the public, unless they're reminded by their copilot wearing an IPOD or not wearing the uniform correctly.

I have sat in the cockpit with Cass a few times and had to wait till the plane deboarded(sp) to get my luggage, and had to sit there and tell all the people bye bye, have a nice stay, bye bye, have a nice stay. I can see that getting old very quickly. I do enjoy it though when people compliment me on my landing though.

Latest resources

Back