• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Who's Got Some "Stuck Mic" Stories ??

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
As previously stated, T-38 had a tendency to go hot mike on occasion. With a control head in both the front and rear cockpit, a common fix was to transfer control to the rear cockpit. A fairly hot female instructor is teaching a newbie the finer points of a loop when she realizes they've gone hot mike. The student attains his 300 knot entry speed and starts pulling 4-5 Gs. In a frantic attempt to fix the mike situation, in between heavy breathing and grunts from the Gs, she starts yelling (and transmitting) - "Give it to me in the rear! Give it to me in the rear!" :D

Outbound on a training flight and listening to the tower freq., heard on the radio

Plane "I'm squawking 7700, and calling tower, MAYDAY MAYDAY MAYDAY Cessna 32324 declaring an emergency turning back towards the airport."

Tower "Cessna 32324 copy your emergency cleared to land 32R, do you need any emergency services and how many souls aboard?"

Long pause
instructor gets on "Tower sorry about that, we were supposed to be simulating"

The cessna was practicing a emergency, Cessna didnt have a stuck mic the student was just holding it when he got excited.

Heard a long discussion about the local airport burgers on tower freq today. The Mooney pilots involved finally cleared their stuck mike to transmit.

The tower controller mentioned that he liked the burgers there, too, and would they please get off freq for the rest of their discussion.

Amazing what folks say when they think no one is listening.

The best overheard conversation: "Stuck mike, cool it!" followed by lots of clicking noises.

Fly SAFE!
Jedi Nein

It isn't a stuck mike, but at my training airport it isn't uncommon to hear a student get tounge tied on the radio with a "fuh" at the end of the transmitssion.

Latest resources

Back