Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Whom to contact and how at the ATL FSDO...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

g159av8tor

Chicago Style
My renewed CFI is fast approaching its 120 day expiration date. Whom can I contact and how at the ATL FSDO to find out where my permanent certificate ended up?

Tailwinds...

There should be a phone number in the back of the A/FD. Call that number and they should be able to point you in the right direction

Call the airmen cert. people in Oklahoma City. If they have received your renewal but haven't send you the perm. cert. they'll fax you another temp. That's good for 60 days. If not, they can point you in the right direction.

I thought that another temp certificate could be issued through the FSDO where the DE is registered. At least, this is what I've been told by a couple of examiners...

And Oklahoma is terribly backed-up on processing licenses. I've heard that as of earlier this week, they've just now started processing 8710s received during the last week of March.

pilotman2105 said:
I thought that another temp certificate could be issued through the FSDO where the DE is registered. At least, this is what I've been told by a couple of examiners...

The keyword is could. Going through OK City is a lot faster. They fax you a new temp within 2 hours. Plus that way you'll verify wether OK City has received your paperwork in the first place.

flyer172r said:
There should be a phone number in the back of the A/FD. Call that number and they should be able to point you in the right direction
A/FD: Now that is a blast from the past! :)

Tailwinds...

Latest resources

Back