Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Capt. Over

Haulin' it on 18 wheels.
Alright, this has been driving me crazy. I've been hearing the "Brickyard" callsign a lot and no one I've been flying with or asked in the crewroom knows who it is. Heard a lot of their flights in DCA yesterday and still couldn't pin it down...all those RJ's flyin' around it's hard to pinpoint who is who. Anyhow, I thought it might be something of the CHQ or Republic nature since they had some sort of base in Indy last I knew. Let me know if you can put a face with the name for me.

Brickyard = Republic Airlines (US Airways Express)
ShuttleCraft = Shuttle America (United Express, Delta Connection)
Chautauqua = Chautauqua (American Connection, Delta Connection, US Airways Express, United Express)

That's our big happy family.

Had a hunch....

That's what I thought, thanks 8hour.

It took me all through my last 4 day to figure who the heck ACEY was and why do you all of a sudden do you hear them all over the place... and then why havent I heard any Candlers out here!!!

An ATC guy I know told me that ACY--used to be ASE (Atlantic South East) for the ATC code. Then it went to Candler (or Can't handle her) in recognition of Candler Field (the name of the location of Hartsfield airport now), which was a baseball field in the 1920's (that planes used to land near to watch games), owned by Asa Candler, the owner of Coca Cola. They were banned from using ASE back in the late 90's because of a Military conflict with callsigns. That's what he told me.........

Bye Bye--General Lee

Latest resources

Back