Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Who is the biggest loser you have flown with?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I flew with a captain who seemed to spend most of the flight with his finger up his nose. After he was done drilling he would wipe it on the DV window.

At dinner with the same guy, he sneezed without covering his nose and snot went all over my dinner. He got angry when I mentioned he should buy me a new dinner.

During the malstrom of hurricanes in FL last summer, I wrapped up a trip in CVG and had a couple hours before commuting home to batten down the hatches for the next blow. Family said all the batteries were sold out down there, so the CA I had just done the trip with ran me over to the local WallyWorld so's I could stock up. No time to change, and danged if I didn't feel uber uncomfortable running around in there in uniform.....minus the hat of course!

I love it when I'm trying to get down, or ATC has slowed us significantly and I call for flaps 30 and the CA goes for the gear handle. I just let 'em sweat it out. Or, when we get slowed on the downwind, but its still a few KTS above our min maneuvering and they ask "want some flaps?" Uhhh, no thanks!

The heading bug centerer
The thrust lever tweaker
Slamming on the brakes on a long runway after I eek out a descent landing
Leaving the mic/intercom open....didn't spend mony on my BoseX to hear your heavy breathing!

User997 said:
I had to go into a Fry's groccery store one night on the way home from the airport to pick up something for my wife, and I was wearing my uniform - does that make me a loser, or can I get off this one time?

In my defense I felt really uncomfortable the whole time I was in there! :D

Inconceivable said:
Pinnacle pilots and Stews who cruise the Mall of America in full uniform (including cover) while on home reserve in MSP.

Take the hat off, son. You're not under arms and no one's going to salute ya.

Lord please tell me you're joking. But being a 9E guy, it wouldn't surprise me

Rook

User997 said:
I had to go into a Fry's groccery store one night on the way home from the airport to pick up something for my wife, and I was wearing my uniform - does that make me a loser, or can I get off this one time?

In my defense I felt really uncomfortable the whole time I was in there! :D

As long as you felt uncomfortable, I think it might be pardonable ;-)

Worst loser so far? Writes a big check, schedules a bunch of lessons for two weeks, and the check bounces halfway through the schedule. I cancel all future lessons and the guy moves out of state at the end of two weeks.

Then there was this other student, when I flew with him he was over 250 pounds. He's now at 150 pounds.

Fly SAFE!
Jedi Nein

oh yeah`

Comair academy students.... don't forget them.. i'm sorry i mean delta connections.... the best pilots in the whooole wide world.

Sit down in my seat on the first leg of a 4 day. Captain turns to me and the first thing he says to me is "So, are you an avid GA pilot?". I look at him and say, "What the hell is GA?" I then recieve a tongue lashing about how I have a bad attitude because I only fly if I am getting paid for it. That 4 day I think he read every pilot, RC, model a/c magazine in the free world. And of course he had a tip for everything I was doing "wrong".

Oh, and on his days off he goes to the local grass strip and cuts the grass for free.

<<The thrust lever tweaker>> I love those guys.

One of my captains has been known to put on his uniform and cruise the mall on a Sunday, non-work/non-reserve day. (Didn't post it early b/c I thought you guys wouldn't believe it.) But after PowerCurve anything is possible. Same guy in his younger days was a wannabe model and passed out 8x10 headshots of himself.

GoABX said:
<<The thrust lever tweaker>> I love those guys.

One of my captains has been known to put on his uniform and cruise the mall on a Sunday, non-work/non-reserve day. (Didn't post it early b/c I thought you guys wouldn't believe it.) But after PowerCurve anything is possible. Same guy in his younger days was a wannabe model and passed out 8x10 headshots of himself.

Sounds like Tim Kuhn!

Mayday911 said:
Sit down in my seat on the first leg of a 4 day. Captain turns to me and the first thing he says to me is "So, are you an avid GA pilot?". I look at him and say, "What the hell is GA?" I then recieve a tongue lashing about how I have a bad attitude because I only fly if I am getting paid for it. That 4 day I think he read every pilot, RC, model a/c magazine in the free world. And of course he had a tip for everything I was doing "wrong".

Oh, and on his days off he goes to the local grass strip and cuts the grass for free.

No offense, but some of us out threre on the line actaully love flying, in any form. Paid or unpaid, although paid is certainly better.......:D

Latest resources

Back