• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Who is Hiring Now?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Flight Options is apparently hiring, as well.

It looks like most of the regionals have been posted. I did come across this info this weekend in Miami if it is useful.

Omni Air is looking for DC10 and 757 pilots. Also there are some international options if willing to travel. Lan Peru is seeking A320 and 767 CA/FOs. Dana Air is a new start up in Nigeria seeking MD80 pilots. Star Air in Istanbul is hiring for their 747 classic fleet. I believe Star does DHL runs? Also Kalitta was seeking 747 classic guys as well. World also had an ad out a few weeks back for DC10/MD11.

Sounds like you went to the job fair in MIA.
Star Air is actually Orex Cargo. The HQ is in Maceidona and operating out of IST. Their terms aren't that great. 3months on and 3 weeks off and No vacation. Supposedly they prefer guys with JAR certs. Pay is ok...not great, in the $9k range for Capts.

So far, no one I know has gotten calls from Kallitta, World or Omni.

Nigeria, umm yeah...That place sucks.

Word on the street is World might be hiring all ATA guys due to the affilation. Kallitta might be subject to some sort of FAA deal.(Who knows, Connie probably has the Feds in his pocket already) Connie is supposed to get 2 more -400s this year, maybe.
Omni has been fairly quiet.

Flight Options is apparently hiring, as well.

If that is true, then it would be a travesty as 70 pilots were terminated from FLOPS recently without regard to seniority. Anyone who takes a job there while aware of this is just as much of a scumbag as a scab and is a complete tool. Also, let's just say that you won't be socializing with most of the pilots.

If that is true, then it would be a travesty as 70 pilots were terminated from FLOPS recently without regard to seniority. Anyone who takes a job there while aware of this is just as much of a scumbag as a scab and is a complete tool. Also, let's just say that you won't be socializing with most of the pilots.

Any news on any of the wrongful termination suits yet? I don't know anyone at FLOPS anymore but the last I heard there were multiple cases.

Sounds like you went to the job fair in MIA.
Star Air is actually Orex Cargo. The HQ is in Maceidona and operating out of IST. Their terms aren't that great. 3months on and 3 weeks off and No vacation. Supposedly they prefer guys with JAR certs. Pay is ok...not great, in the $9k range for Capts.

Nigeria, umm yeah...That place sucks.
Orex WAS based in IST, they are long gone. The Ex-MartinAir 747-200Fs are parked in SAW and they will be operated by ACT airlines. The former owner of Orex is the same guy who owns ACT.

As far as Nigeria is concerned, I was looking at that deal. After reading how life in Lagos involves more AK47 than anything else, i gave up..

Well, they probably got fired for stirring up pro-union stuff. People need jobs right now, and any place that is hiring is fair game.

Pinnacle should be hiring.

Pinnacle is getting 7 more CRJ-900s from Jan-May 2009.

So hiring for attrition and growth......

Orex WAS based in IST, they are long gone.

Orex has been looking for guys on climbto350 and their website says they have A-300 and 742. Looks like to me they are still around or in another iteration.

Latest resources

Back